• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will the waterparks be packed?

jxh1

Supreme God of All Things Disney!
My family and I are taking a cruise next week out of Tampa, after we get off the ship on Thursday, we are going to head to Orlando for a few days. Being Easter week we know that the parks will be packed so we don't plan on going to any of them, but what about the waterparks? Would it be worth trying to go to one on Friday, April 5 or is it best to just stay away?

Thanks for all your help!

We went Blizzard Beach for a day during Easter week last year and it was packed. I think every lounge chair in the entire park was in use.

Crowds at the water parks will depend mostly on the weather. But if it's warm and sunny then you can expect the water parks to close at capacity early in the day. They'll start to empty out around 3pm or so, so there's always the option of going later in the day.

If it's cooler or threatening rain, the water parks will be less crowded, but you'll still have larger crowds than you would on a weekend that wasn't Easter.

:earsboy:

Crowds at the water parks will depend mostly on the weather. But if it's warm and sunny then you can expect the water parks to close at capacity early in the day. They'll start to empty out around 3pm or so, so there's always the option of going later in the day.

If it's cooler or threatening rain, the water parks will be less crowded, but you'll still have larger crowds than you would on a weekend that wasn't Easter.

:earsboy:

To be honest, I've only seen the water parks close to capacity in July (the hottest time of the year). That being said, it could happen over Easter.

We stayed Easter week once. Didn't get to a water park as the few times we tried buses had stopped going to water parks pretty early, approx. 10:30-11am. POFQ had no chairs around the pool most of the week during the afternoon. As long as you go early, keeping in mind 10:30 is late :) it should be fine!

We stayed Easter week once. Didn't get to a water park as the few times we tried buses had stopped going to water parks pretty early, approx. 10:30-11am. POFQ had no chairs around the pool most of the week during the afternoon. As long as you go early, keeping in mind 10:30 is late :) it should be fine!

Yeah, thinking about it, due to the hotter weather expected this weekend, I'd get there early but capacity closures are somewhat rare before July. There is a likelihood it could happen, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter