• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will the parks store my personal wheelchair?

IMALOVNDISNEY

DIS Veteran
I am bringing my own personal wheelchair with my on our next trip to the World. Will each park have a place that I can leave it when we arrive? I don't always need it, but, would like to have it close by just incase. instead of having to go back to the Resort to get it.
Any advise will be appreciated. TIA

You may be able to store it at the ECV/wheelchair rental location. However, I would not consider that to be "close by" depending where you are in the parks it can be quite a hike back to the entrance. I'd suggest you push the chair and park it in the various "lands" or sections throughout each park. Then walk around that area as you wish. When you move to another section, take the chair and park it again.

Enjoy your vacation!

I would definitely take the chair with you and if desired park it invarious areas of each park where you are touring at the time. There is a lot of stroller parking areas where you can put it. I would hesitate to have it all the way at the front of park if you need it at the back.

It's about a half mile to walk from the front of MK to Big Thunder - so you'd have to walk (or someone in your group would) that distance to get back to your chair. Look on Google maps to see some of the other distances, especially at EPCOT and Animal Kingdom. They are pretty spread out as parks go - lots of walking between attractions.

I'd suggest getting a rollator if you don't want to be in your wheelchair, or bring the wheelchair around. At least you'd have a seat if you need one while you wait for someone to get your chair. But I think bringing the wheelchair around with you, and putting it in stroller parking is the best idea.

You can park it in stroller parking in an area but you should definitely take all personal belongings. You should also leave some kind of ribbon or sign on it, so no one mistakes it for their own.

I would suggest keeping it with you as much as possible. It is not uncommon to get stuck in a line longer than you think. You can also put your personal belongings in the chair and push it almost like a walker. My mom used to do this. Then you have it anywhere with you when you need it.

If she keeps it with her (I'm asking because we might face a similar situation), is it easy to park everywhere? Or will more time be spent parking and moving it than one person walking back to get it if needed?

If she keeps it with her (I'm asking because we might face a similar situation), is it easy to park everywhere? Or will more time be spent parking and moving it than one person walking back to get it if needed?
There is parking for wheel chair in each land if you are unsure you can ask as CM where you can park it.

It is easy to park.

In addition, she can park it at each attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter