• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will the Dream ever have 7 night cruises?

brergnat

DIS Veteran
That just about covers it. Wondering if there will ever be cruises longer than 4 nights on this ship (and even longer than 5).

Anyone know?

Welll know better come this fall, when they announce the itinerary for the Fantasy.(Most likey, though it would be the earlies, the end of the summer before she sails.)It all hinges on Disneys master plan for the ships in general.The only definites are the Wonder is going to Cali in 11, the Dream is picking up the Wonders spot at PC, for at least 3 years,and the Magic is to be overseas for part of 2011.After that is anyones guess at the moment.

The only additional thing that I have heard is that the Dream will be doing 5 day cruises at some point. This has not been confirmed by no means but its what I did hear last.

...... the Dream will be doing 5 day cruises at some point. This has not been confirmed by no means but its what I did hear last.

There are already 13 sail dates for the Dream doing 5 night cruises in 2011:

May 29, June 12, June 26, July 10, July 24, August 7, Dec 29
and,
June 7, June 21, July 5, July 19, August 2, August 16

So I'm thinking it's been greenlighted
;)

I hope they do 5-7 night cruises! We are hoping to board the Dream 9/2012 and I am not sure I want to B2B a 4 & 3 night. :goodvibes

I thought the rumor was either the Dream or the Fantasy would do the 3/4/5 night cruises and the other would sail 7 nt cruises out of Port Canaveral? I am also hoping for a 7 night summer itinerary in 2012.

Of course I'd love it if one of the ships left out near NYC... :goodvibes I don't care how long the cruises are then, because we'd be able to do it more often! :lmao:

Sorry to say... sort of a silly question.

The reason being that we never really know what Disney might decided to do.

We started cruising DCL their 1st year of operation (just the Magic) when all they offered were 3/4 day cruises.

Look was has happened since then:

7 day cruises
double dips
Panama Canal
10 day cruises
11 day cruises
West Coast
5 day cruises
Alaska
Trans-Atlantic
Mediteranian

WOW!!!

The Dream hasn't even sailed her Maiden Voyage... so IMHO, its a bit early to wonder if the Dream will ever do 'X'.

I think it would be safe to assume that one or the other (the Dream or the Fantasy)will be doing 7 night sailings by summer of 2012. The Fantasy is scheduled to be out in 2012, we just don't know what month yet.

I think it's more than safe to say both new ships will be based out of PC. My TA speculates that when the Fantasy is ready, it will take over the 3/4/5 day cruises from the Dream and the Dream will move on to the 7 night Cruises the Magic Currently does.

Whatever, I don't care, as I'm sure both ships will be almost identical, as long as I'm on one for a Carribean Cruise, is all that matters to me in 2012. We are booked on a back to back on the dream for 2011.

We are holding out until 2012 so we can have a 7 night cruise on a new DCL ship! Would love to be on the Dream in 2011, but really want a 7 nighter or more. Hopefully, Dream of Fantasy will have 7 or more nights in 2012.:goodvibes

I think it's more than safe to say both new ships will be based out of PC. My TA speculates that when the Fantasy is ready, it will take over the 3/4/5 day cruises from the Dream and the Dream will move on to the 7 night Cruises the Magic Currently does.

I've heard otherwise.

I've heard otherwise.

Which part?
It is fact that both new ships, as part of the agreement with Port Canaveral will be based out of PC for at least the first 3 years.
As far as which ship is getting the short trips and who gets the 7 day, that remains to be seen.Anything at this point, unless it comes from DCL higher ups, such as Karl Holtz is pure speculation.
Ive seen a rumor that Capt Henry stated he was getting the Dream.For what ever reason it didnt work out that way.
The only factual info we have
The Wonder will be in Cali in 2011
The Dream will be doing 3/4/5 in 2011
The Magic will be in the Caribean and Europe in 2011

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter