Will the Aquaduck be open?

Pataki

Earning My Ears
Will the Aquaduck be open on the first day as soon as we board like at 12:00? I can wait to go to lunch because I want to make sure we can ride it without all the wait. Also does anyone know the hours that it runs each day? I am going the end of this week on a 4 night if it makes any difference.

From everything I've seen (posts, navigators) yes, it will be open when you board.

It was open when we boarded last month. If memory serves, it was open most days around 8 or 9 am and closed at midnight. However, when we went to ride around 10 at night on two occasions it was closed due to windy conditions;(

The lines were never too bad; we never waited more than 20 minutes on a fully booked sailing:thumbsup2

the worst lines were the first day (early)!!!! Later in the week they dwindled substantially. Wait time was negligible.

On our 6/7/11 cruise the Aquaduck opened at 12:00 on the first day.

On our 5 night double dip, here were the times the Aquaduck was open:
Day 1 (Port Canaveral): 12-3, 4:30-Midnight
Day 2 (Castaway Cay): 10 - Midnight)
Day 3 (Sea Day): 9 - Midnight
Day 4 (Nassau / Pirate Night): 9-8, 10:45-Midnight
Day 5 (Castaway Cay): 10-Midnight

We went the last night we were there at about 10 p.m. and we were maybe one of 10 people to ride (several times in a row). So if you have a wet bag, it's definitely worth it to keep out the swimsuits if you end up loving it.

Just off the Dream last week and yes the AquaDuck is open when you board the ship. (barring any weather or mechanical problems.) It stayed open pretty late for our 5 day (atleast until midnight) and I though the best times to ride it were at night. (Go during the other dinner times. It you have first seating, go around second seating times. Vice versa if you have second seating) I though the wait times during the day were a little long (between 25-30 min) and when it's hot outside and the line gets long, the deck can get pretty hot if you dont have water shoes on. Try to avoid it on your "Sea Day", everyone is on the ship and the line during the day is exceptionally long!

First day we had a wait of 40 minutes. We got up early and were in line on the sea day before 9 am - they opened about 10 minutes early and dd and ds rode 3 times before 10 am. We also went late at night - 11pm and it was never more than a 15 minute wait.

You can go on the Duck when you board and the line wasn't so bad. But going at night is amazing! There typically is not a line at all, and it's so cool to see everything.
Either way, you will have a great time.

Can a past cruiser on the Dream map out our path we would take to get up to Aquaduck as quickly as possible once we board? (i.e. which elevator, floor, which way to turn, etc.) I know in past cruises, they seem to want to push everyone towards the dining for lunch, but we would bypass and head to the pools.

On the 4/10 and 4/14 cruises it opened at 12:30pm. If anyone has a recent navigator, it is listed on there. People seem pretty content to only ride it a few times, so there were many times where the line was really small. Mid afternoon sea day is probably the worst time.

Very helpful tips. I am excited to ride the Aquaduck but do not need to be there as soon as I board. Riding at night sounds awesome. I did hear from a friend who traveled on the Dream in April that the listed wait time is 10 minutes more then the actual wait time. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter