Will Soarin' over CA and HSM still be going in Sept? Also, is Innoventions ever coming back?

I got this response back from my email to them;
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us.

I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your desire to keep Soarin' Over California to be kept indefinitely. Our goals are to provide exceptional entertainment and offerings. Please be assured we take your comments very seriously. Your remarks have been forwarded to the necessary leadership team so they are aware of your feedback.

We look forward to have you as our Guest in your upcoming trip!

Kindest regards,

Soarin’ Over CA is only until Aug 31. Got an email saying Aug 31 was last day to ride CA, and World returns in September.

View attachment 429176

Was this a recent announcement? Since they had already extended it once I was just really hoping they might bump it out again but I guess if they just sent out announcements it's probably not likely, thank you for the information -frustrating that it's not on the website, I just see "Soarin' Around the World has been transformed into Soarin' Over California for a limited time. Please check back for updates."...due to this vagueness I was still hopeful it might continue!

As for Innoventions, oh my gosh we always did so much there! There were so many informative interactive engaging activities and games and my kids also just love the atmosphere and relaxing there and playing the piano, sometimes someone working there would come and play with them. That really was a major highlight in general: how much fun and excited everyone working there was. We loved the dream home of the future and of course we always went to the magical story time and we all just got really energized thinking of all the different ideas we could implement or what would be coming up next in the future... for us it really made Tomorrowland truly a land of Tomorrow. We even got a kick out of Tom Morrow, although he was already gone on our last Innoventions visit. There was just so much to learn, see, and do! It was kind of like going to a mini science museum, arcade, tech convention all at once with just super helpful friendly people. I was hoping it was just going to be updated eventually... just everything about it really gave me that magical other worldly special feel of Disneyland.

Huh? It is by far superior to the crappy World one they did.
I’ve seen the California version four times now (first time since it first opened) and although I enjoy the nostalgia and some of the scenes, I have to say I actually prefer the world version [ducks and covers].

Was this a recent announcement? Since they had already extended it once I was just really hoping they might bump it out again but I guess if they just sent out announcements it's probably not likely, thank you for the information -frustrating that it's not on the website, I just see "Soarin' Around the World has been transformed into Soarin' Over California for a limited time. Please check back for updates."...due to this vagueness I was still hopeful it might continue!

It will stay forever if they hear enough people want it. Especially if enough passholders want it. Team Disney Anaheim is sensitive to pressure. I think even more so recently due to the lackluster opening of Galaxy's Edge. Send them an email and let them know how you feel.

GUEST.SERVICES@DISNEYLAND.COM

Edited to remove, it posted twice and I can’t figure out how to delete, lol

Last edited:
As for Innoventions, oh my gosh we always did so much there! There were so many informative interactive engaging activities and games and my kids also just love the atmosphere and relaxing there and playing the piano, sometimes someone working there would come and play with them. That really was a major highlight in general: how much fun and excited everyone working there was. We loved the dream home of the future and of course we always went to the magical story time and we all just got really energized thinking of all the different ideas we could implement or what would be coming up next in the future... for us it really made Tomorrowland truly a land of Tomorrow. We even got a kick out of Tom Morrow, although he was already gone on our last Innoventions visit. There was just so much to learn, see, and do! It was kind of like going to a mini science museum, arcade, tech convention all at once with just super helpful friendly people. I was hoping it was just going to be updated eventually... just everything about it really gave me that magical other worldly special feel of Disneyland.

My kids and I always loved Innoventions too! My favorite was the Peter Pan bedroom, and the Asimo presentation... heck, it was one of my favorite thing IN DL, haha... I always thought it was one of the things that made Tomorrowland TOMORROWLAND (to me, anyway) I was so sad when the took it all out, I usually don’t even bother going in there anymore...

I’ve seen the California version four times now (first time since it first opened) and although I enjoy the nostalgia and some of the scenes, I have to say I actually prefer the world version [ducks and covers].

ME TOO (and all my Disney friends that I go to the parks with)!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter