will prices on delta from bdl for december drop anytime soon?

Hessie628

Mouseketeer
hi everyone! my family is going to wdw dec 7-16. unfortunately we will be departing on a sat so i know it will be hard to get a good flight. we always fly on delta. correction-- my brother who is paying for most of the trip (everything except flights) will only fly on delta. i usually fly on delta but i'll fly on anything b/c i am the poor one. my dad (the one who wll be driving us all to the airport and who has always been scared to fly) wants to fly out of bradley. he hates newark, laguardia, and jfk. normally i use travelocity and can get really good flights. i don't think i ever got us a flight for more than $175. i have been checking the last week and i can not get anything fo our dates. all the good rates have return trips by the 14th. i checked on delta and a non-connecting flight (yet another restriction we have) would be $317. will prices drop anytime soon? i have everthing on fare watcher. i never fly out on a sat and i never plan my wdw trips this early, but i just got back from wdw 2 weeks ago and i can not pay 300 bucks for a flight. does anyone think there is a chance that the prices will go down? you can lie to me and tell me yes :D thanks for any help/suggestions.
-jessica

Jessica, my experiences have been this:
We always fly Delta to WDW from BDL. The price midweek which is usually less then a Sat. flight is around $155. - $180. pp rt.

I have been tracking rates for years so that I am always ready in case a trip pops up I know what a decent price is.

Sat. flights are some times $20. more then the above stated prices.

The last trip to WDW was 1/2002 a Tues. flight at the cost of $180.pp.

It is hard to guess what will be coming for pricing but I hope this helps that the prices stay fairly consistant and anything falling in the $150.-$180. range rt pp has been a good rate.

This is for a direct non-stop flight.

I always buy directly from Delta. com and they do have internet sales every now & then.
Colleen

thanks for the info. hopefully i will find something that everyone will approve of.
-jessica

Jessica,
I just paid 203 from BDL to MCO, then RSW (Ft. Myers)to BDL.
I could've gotten in the neighborhood of 169 on Delta Rt. We are going dec 7 to 18. We are leaving BDL on the first afternoon flight, I think 150 to get the cheaper rate. Ours is direct down, and stopping in Atlanta on the way home. I would look on Delta.com for the flight times/cost, then call Delta direct and see what they can do for you.
Gret
Good luck, and your dad really wants to drive to Bradley from NYC?

i think i have convinced my brother to leave fri instead of sat and there is about a $65 difference in the flights we want. i'm hoping to check again later this week b/c they are still at about $245. we'll see. gretchen-- we live in putnam-- 2 miles from danbury, ct. it is actually easier for us to get to hartford traffic wise. however, my dad is insane enough that he would drive all the way to bradley even if we lived in the city.
-jess

I have a sister in FL, so I'm always tracking rates from BDL to MCO. I fly to FL 5-6 times per year, depending on fares - I just love those $98 rt fares, cuz I can take a quick weekend trip! Right now the fare showing on Yahoo is $198 rt - significantly less than the $245 you're showing. It's been my experience that rates tend to drop about 3 months out - so, you might find a better rate in Sept/Oct for Dec.

I track fares on "My Yahoo", and when they drop under $175 I then check out Orbitz, Delta and Southwest Web sites to see who has the best deal for the dates/times I want. Another option - look at fares out of Albany, they're usually $30 - $40 cheaper than BDL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter