Will Pizza Planet Be Open/Moved in November or December?

Lothlórien

Living the Mouse Dream
Has there been any official word on what is going on with Pizza Planet? Are they moving it or closing it down? I plan to visit in November or December. It would not make sense for it to stay where it is because a) Star Wars is moving in and b) they are expanding Toy Story on the other side of the park.

WDWMagic (an unofficial website) says it will be closed for an extended refurbishment until November 7. They don't know whether or not it will still be Pizza Planet when it reopens.

All the rumors I have seen has it staying a pizza place but getting a Muppets theme.

All the rumors I have seen has it staying a pizza place but getting a Muppets theme.

Well that is disappointing. :(

I thought the Muppets 3D was being torn down for Star Wars. Did I misunderstand?
The technology and show is so old, I cannot imagine them keeping that while everything else around it gets torn down.

Well that is disappointing. :(

I thought the Muppets 3D was being torn down for Star Wars. Did I misunderstand?
The technology and show is so old, I cannot imagine them keeping that while everything else around it gets torn down.

Nope, that's one of the only things over there staying open. There are actually rumors of a little mini Muppets land in that area with the movie, new restaurant, and shops.

Nope, that's one of the only things over there staying open. There are actually rumors of a little mini Muppets land in that area with the movie, new restaurant, and shops.

WOW. I am usually way ahead on the rumors and I have never heard any of that. I didn't even realize the Muppets were that popular. :confused3

WOW. I am usually way ahead on the rumors and I have never heard any of that. I didn't even realize the Muppets were that popular. :confused3
You can follow all of the rumors and then some on the rumors and news board ;)

Anyways yes Pizza Planet is closed until November. The overall consensus is for a new Muppets themed Quick Service that will still serve pizza. The area will be converted to a muppets mini-land of sorts. With Toy Story Land being built Pizza Planet being there doesn't make a whole lot of sense anymore.

Then there are some of us who can't stand the Muppets.

Aw.... I'm sorry. I suppose I'd advise you to avoid The Muppet show, then! Thankfully for you, there's plenty of other things to do in DHS. I'm just disappointed our September trip comes too early. My kiddos love those silly characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter