• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will our ressie be bumped at AoA...

rosiegmendez

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 5 and have a reservations for 2 connecting Little Mermaid rooms. This option is cheaper than the family suite plus our girls are obsessed with mermaids right now!

I know the LM rooms are in demand (and sold out for our time there!). Have any of you heard of families getting "bumped" and upgraded to a family suite to make way for more LM reservations?

I'd hate to get bumped out but worried they might be tempted to bump us from our rooms, put us into the empty suites, and free up LM rooms for other ressies.

The only way you'll get bumped up is if there is a maintenance issue and they have to remove any rooms from inventory. They generally do not overbook. They may be sold out and then if something happens and a room, or block of rooms, are removed from inventory you will get moved.

Just as an FYI, you don't have a reservation for 2 connecting rooms. You have a reservation for 2 rooms with a request for them to be connecting. They will do everything in their power to grant your request for connecting, but it's not something you can book.

The only way you'll get bumped up is if there is a maintenance issue and they have to remove any rooms from inventory. They generally do not overbook. They may be sold out and then if something happens and a room, or block of rooms, are removed from inventory you will get moved.

Just as an FYI, you don't have a reservation for 2 connecting rooms. You have a reservation for 2 rooms with a request for them to be connecting. They will do everything in their power to grant your request for connecting, but it's not something you can book.

That's good to know, thanks. We are really looking forward to our LM rooms and would hate to be "upgraded".

Regarding connecting rooms, I was told by 3 different CM's that because the guests were underage that they were required to guarantee. That would have changed if we would have added another adult to one of the two ressies. We were considering adding Grandma and Grandpa and we were told with their addition they could not guarantee connecting rooms. I hope 3 different CM's are right because we were paranoid and asked several times.:crazy2:

That's good to know, thanks. We are really looking forward to our LM rooms and would hate to be "upgraded".

Regarding connecting rooms, I was told by 3 different CM's that because the guests were underage that they were required to guarantee. That would have changed if we would have added another adult to one of the two ressies. We were considering adding Grandma and Grandpa and we were told with their addition they could not guarantee connecting rooms. I hope 3 different CM's are right because we were paranoid and asked several times.:crazy2:

Actually sadly what the booking CMs tell you and what happens at the resort is not the same. Booking CMs do not do room assignments.

If you have more than one adult in your party, you can, and it has happened to others, be put in two non connecting rooms.

As the previous poster stated they will do their best however if for some reason when you check in there are simply no connecting rooms to offer you, they can't move someone to accommodate you.

As the pp's have said, Disney will do everything they can to accommodate your request, but connecting rooms are just a request and are not guaranteed. If there are 2 adults with several children, they can split you up and put 1 adult in one room 1 adult in the other room. This is not an ideal solution, but if there are no connecting rooms available when you check in, they can't give them to you. The only time connecting rooms are a guarantee (or are supposed to be "guaranteed") is when there is 1 adult to several children, where they exceed the occupancy for 1 room and must get two rooms. But even in that situation, people have reported having trouble getting connecting rooms. With all of that said, the chances of you getting connecting rooms is pretty good, but be prepared for that slight chance of them not being available when you get there.

As the pp's have said, Disney will do everything they can to accommodate your request, but connecting rooms are just a request and are not guaranteed. If there are 2 adults with several children, they can split you up and put 1 adult in one room 1 adult in the other room. This is not an ideal solution, but if there are no connecting rooms available when you check in, they can't give them to you. The only time connecting rooms are a guarantee (or are supposed to be "guaranteed") is when there is 1 adult to several children, where they exceed the occupancy for 1 room and must get two rooms. But even in that situation, people have reported having trouble getting connecting rooms. With all of that said, the chances of you getting connecting rooms is pretty good, but be prepared for that slight chance of them not being available when you get there.

Correct:thumbsup2
My BIL and SIL were "guaranteed" connecting rooms only to find out that not only did they NOT have them, they were on different floors.They caouldnt move them either for a day or 2 since the resorts were booked solid.Disney did do its best to accomodate, but when there is nothing available, there is nothing available.Hopefully all will be well for you

Were you by chance given 1 confirmation number for the 2 rooms? It's my understanding that is when you are actually guaranteed connecting. Don't worry too much. In my experience, the system is not flawless, but at the same time, it's Disney and I really do believe they are good at accomodating. You are their guest and they want to make you happy for your stay. I hope you love Art of Animation! We stayed in the Cars suites last June and had a great time. The kids love the area. Awesome detail! Have fun!!pixiedust:

Were you by chance given 1 confirmation number for the 2 rooms? It's my understanding that is when you are actually guaranteed connecting. Don't worry too much. In my experience, the system is not flawless, but at the same time, it's Disney and I really do believe they are good at accomodating. You are their guest and they want to make you happy for your stay. I hope you love Art of Animation! We stayed in the Cars suites last June and had a great time. The kids love the area. Awesome detail! Have fun!!pixiedust:

You are never 100% guaranteed connecting rooms. They do the best they can, but as your rooms are not taken out of inventory when you book them, they have no way of knowing if connecting rooms will even be available.

Odds are good you will get them, but there is a tiny chance you won't.

Btw, I have one time not gotten my requested connecting rooms, and twice been downgraded from preferred to standard. They do want happy guests, but if they don't have a certain type of room available, they don't have it.

You are never 100% guaranteed connecting rooms. They do the best they can, but as your rooms are not taken out of inventory when you book them, they have no way of knowing if connecting rooms will even be available.

Odds are good you will get them, but there is a tiny chance you won't.

Btw, I have one time not gotten my requested connecting rooms, and twice been downgraded from preferred to standard. They do want happy guests, but if they don't have a certain type of room available, they don't have it.

I understand. I just hate for the OP to be so discouraged about something that may not even happen. I'm all for looking at options releastically, but it's vacation, let's just be excited!!!!!

I understand. I just hate for the OP to be so discouraged about something that may not even happen. I'm all for looking at options releastically, but it's vacation, let's just be excited!!!!!

I'm glad the OP is excited! However, I hate it when people are assured something won't happen, when we just can't say that for sure! Better to know what may happen, and be able to prepare for it, then be blindsided at check in.

Of course Disney wants their guests to be happy, but some things are outside of their control.:(

I'm glad the OP is excited! However, I hate it when people are assured something won't happen, when we just can't say that for sure! Better to know what may happen, and be able to prepare for it, then be blindsided at check in.

Of course Disney wants their guests to be happy, but some things are outside of their control.:(

Which sadly is why the booking CMs tell guests they are guaranteed to get them. :sad2: I really wish when Reservations says they are guaranteed, someone would ask them, so you can block these rooms right now, and be assured when we check in we will get them. Which they can't do.

I hate to disagree with everyone else - but you might be bumped. I purposely booked a LM room for the first night of our trip in December. I really wanted to stay there and experience that side of the resort before staying in the Lion King Suites the second night. We were bumped to a Cars Suite. Don't get me wrong - loved the upgrade and the chance to see the other section but was surprised that they had bumped us up.

I also agree with the rooms not being guaranteed as connected. Hopefully some pixie dust shines on you and you get your request!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter