Will my running app (iphone) work on board and in port?

cpc430

Mouseketeer
I use the runkeeper app to track my runs at home. Can anyone tell me if I'll be able to track my runs on board the ship if Im not connected to the Internet or 3G (turning roaming off)? I guess if we were at sea, it wouldn't be totally accurate anyway but still would he fun to see.

Thanks!

And a side question, how many laps does it take on the Fantasy's running/walking deck to complete a mile? Is it easy to navigate?

if it maps out your location, then it will most likely need access to some network to work… if its for speed using the in phone accelerometer, then it should work provided you are not moving while the ship is starting to move or stopping. pirate:

There are signs posted on the wall throughout the running deck ( Deck 4 ) and I believe it's around 2 and 1/4 laps but I'm not for sure.

Run keeper is great, it will work without a Internet connection by using just GPS, saving the coordinates you are moving, then the next time you access wifi (hopefully somewhere free). It converts it into a line on a map.

I do this everywhere I can when somewhere foreign to save roaming charges

I don't think it would work on the moving ship though, only if stationary in port.

Just to echo the previous post,if the ship is moving, it will pick p the movements of the ship with the GPS, so it might work, but it will not accurately tell you what you ran.

Run keeper is great, it will work without a Internet connection by using just GPS, saving the coordinates you are moving, then the next time you access wifi (hopefully somewhere free). It converts it into a line on a map.

I do this everywhere I can when somewhere foreign to save roaming charges

I don't think it would work on the moving ship though, only if stationary in port.

it's been my experience you can't run on the ship while in port (or preparing to port) as they close off the bow and stern because of the tie off lines.

it's been my experience you can't run on the ship while in port (or preparing to port) as they close off the bow and stern because of the tie off lines.

Not on the new ships; this only happens in the classics.

I've run on the Fantasy with my iPod Nano using the Nike+ feature and it worked just fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Not on the new ships; this only happens in the classics.

I've run on the Fantasy with my iPod Nano using the Nike+ feature and it worked just fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I wondered about the new ships, since I'd only been on the Wonder. Thanks for the info- cause finding that out really messed up my run once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter