Will my kids need coats or will sweatshirts be enough?

mrslamb

Mouseketeer
This is the first time we have ever gone in December and I am trying to make sure I cover everything when I pack. Do you think my DDs, age 2 and 6, are going to need/want actual coats in the morning/at night or will sweatshirts be enough? We will be there in two weeks. What about gloves/hats? I do have the ponchos packed, just in case!!!

This is the first time we have ever gone in December and I am trying to make sure I cover everything when I pack. Do you think my DDs, age 2 and 6, are going to need/want actual coats in the morning/at night or will sweatshirts be enough? We will be there in two weeks. What about gloves/hats? I do have the ponchos packed, just in case!!!

I would bring the jackets just in case. You can leave them in the hotel, the car or get lockers, but there have been times that I have needed (and wanted) my jacket, scarf and mittens (and have bought the scarf and the mittens in the park). Jackets purchased in the parks are insane though.

That said, you know your children and how likely they are to want their jackets. But it can't hurt to have them.

Being from Folsom, the temps aren't that much different there. (We are in Modesto.) Do they need coats at home in the AM? I can get by in a sweatshirt, and my kids never go beyond a sweatshirt. Over New Years, I will have a coat for the midnights we are out.

Being from Folsom, the temps aren't that much different there. (We are in Modesto.) Do they need coats at home in the AM? I can get by in a sweatshirt, and my kids never go beyond a sweatshirt. Over New Years, I will have a coat for the midnights we are out.

Thanks!! We actually just moved to Lincoln. but same thing as far as temps are concerned. They are fine in the mornings but usually want a coat if we are out passed 8 or 9 so I'll bring them!

Yes, please bring coats. During our two weeks there (Oct 30-Nov 13), we had a couple of days in the 90s and some nights that were in the 40s. We felt so cold in the dark and any bit of wind at those temps (as compared to the morning with sun at those lower temps). If you are doing any evening entertainment (parades, F!, fireworks) or rides, you will want the jackets, especially if you spend a goodly bit of time still, in one place, waiting, rather than walking around keeping the blood flowing.

I will be in the parks Dec 9th and 10th. I will be bringing coats. My question is heavy coats or a hoodie zip up type coat. WDYT?

I will be in the parks Dec 9th and 10th. I will be bringing coats. My question is heavy coats or a hoodie zip up type coat. WDYT?

Yeah, this is kind of what I am trying to decide...I think at this point I will just go ahead and bring a variety of sweatshirts and then their big heavy winter snow coats in case LOL. I've slacked this year (and it's been pretty mild here) so they don't really have anything in-between!

I would say bring jackets/ gloves/ hat, even if you only use for the evenings when the temperature is lower. Would rather have just in case than have two kiddies unhappy that they are cold.

I say bring coats, but not parkas, or anything too crazy. Check the weather, though, and see how it is. We have gone in late November/early December and had it be freezing (literally - less than 30 for low) and had it be pretty warm (shorts for the day and lightweight sweaters for the night). You just never know.

Our first December was warmer than our first September, until the sun went down. Then it was just COLD. I always need some sort of sweatshirt or coat at night (well, maybe not in July or this October), and I haven't been a Californian for decades.

We are usually fine with a fleece jacket. A hat really helps keep you warm and is easy and small to pack and bring to the parks. When going in colder months, I always throw in my down vest. It's lightweight and packs up tiny, but is a very warm layer if needed. We are going next week and figuring out what to bring, too! Looks like we may need sone rain gear...Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter