Will my husband come around??

I'm super super excited for our first trip to WDW, but my husband is really down on the whole thing. He says it's too expensive, kids are too young, etc.:worried:
Do you think he'll change his opinion once we get there? Is this a common husband thing?
We have an infant and an almost 3 year old. Obviously the baby won't remember, but I know our toddler will enjoy it. I've done the research on the best stuff for kids and we're staying on site so we can swim when it's too hot. And we got a really good deal on the room, plus discount tickets from his work and SW discount with AAA. (We'd be in really good shape but for the plane tickets, but no way we'd drive 22 hours with little ones.)
At least when I said I want to go again when the kids are older, he softened a little...:yay:

My girls were 8 and 4 and loved every min of it, but I too had issues with my husband - his idea of a great day was to run around trying to find the next ride with out a long line it drove me crazy, I had done all this research and knew about all these cool little facts that I wanted to share with the girls - and the first 2 days we ran and ran and ran. the first trip is always hectic, but I'm sure once he gets there and the magic starts to set in it will all be ok. I hope you have a trip filled with magic moments and sprinkled with pixie dust. and if all else fails - take him to epcot and have him do the drink around the world, no one can be mad doing that. :wave2:

My DH has never liked theme parks however he did enjoy seeing DS have a good time when he was little and he does like to eat and stay in nice resorts. Think about what your DH likes and be sure and include some of that.

take him on a cruise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE30QyKxtUY

Found this video after watching you tube family videos with my 3 kids. It demonstrates what many have said in previous posts. We've taken our kids at almost every age and I can say we loved when they were infants.
They remember a lot more than you would expect. I am terrible with albums. So what they remember is on their own.

I understand about your DH. Mine hates the heat, crowds and lines, but when given the opportunity to choose somewhere else this year he chose Disney again. He's worried they will be "too old" soon. LOL Unfortunately for him, they have developed a love for Disney like their mom and I don't think that will ever happen.

As others said, take it slow and don't bombard him. I now ask do you have any requests and only tell him when I think he needs to know something.

Sending lots of pixie dust your way:tink::tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter