Will linked reservations automatically be put near each other?

dskib

DIS Veteran
I know it's based on availability, but we have 3 rooms reserved. I've already requested a lower level in a particular building so I didn't want to try and request much else. Since the 3 reservations are linked, will they try and keep them close without my asking?

And is there anyway to check in online with multiple linked ressies?

Thanks!
Deb

In 2009 we had three rooms linked for POFQ. We got two connecting rooms and the third room had one room between the two connecting rooms. It is my understanding when rooms are linked, Disney will try to accomodate your request. On two other occasions we requested two connecting rooms with our request being filled. :)

We had our linked reservations together ( same building, same floor and within a few rooms of each other ) the last two trips.

They can't guarantee it, but Disney does everything they can get you together.

We reserved 2 family suites and 2 singles at ASMusic (linked)---since I was renting a scooter, I was asked if I was requesting a first floor room. I asked for Calypso, didn't care what floor, but wanted to be close together. We got Jazz, on 3 different floors, and I was put on the first floor. :(

No. You need to ask them to note your reservations. In theory it should work that way, but it does not.

No. You need to ask them to note your reservations. In theory it should work that way, but it does not.

This is very true. The first CM that made our rezzie said we didn't need to specify -- they were linked and would automatically be put close to each other. When I called back because of an email issue, the CM I talked to asked "Did you want to be near each other because there's nothing specifying and if you want them to try to keep you close, it helps to note it."

I talked to a third CM after on an unrelated issue -- just asked off-handedly -- and she said that during especially busy times, they do their best to accommodate linked rezzies but can't guarantee. It makes sense if you think about it... what are the odds that two rooms side-by-side will have guests check in/out on the same schedule?

We have two different category of rooms booked, so my only hope is to be NEAR our family... though, I think for all of our sakes, a little space can't hurt.

Also if you want them linked, don't book online. Requesting connecting rooms on there does not link them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter