Will it be crazy December 17-21?

zandjmom

Mouseketeer
Planning a trip w/ my mom (72 yo), DS, neice and nephew (we'll be there for his 3rd birthday!). I talked my mom into going in Dec because of the 4th night free promotion and am hoping since it's before Xmas the crowds won't be unbearable.

Will it be sweatshirt weather during the day or just at night?

I'm going to post a hotel ? in another post.

i dont think it will be too bad b/c people are usually shopping for Christmas gifts and can't afford DL.

Yes, it will be absolutely crazy with fun and crowds, especially with the Year in the million dreams prizes. I've been to DL before and after Christmas. :thumbsup2

Just try to have fun and use fast passes whenever you can.

This is our usual time to go to DL and it gets crowded later in the day on Saturday, but the mornings and early afternoon aren't too bad. Most of the wait times are reasonable and we use the fastpass for the really long lines..
We are staying at the DL hotel and found that it's nice to have your room only a short monorail ride away...

Glad to hear that the crowds will be manageable but I think the monorail will be closed or perhaps just opening in December. Just how close is the monorail to the DLH?

It's a short walk, not too far... Sometimes in the morning if you don't get there early it is faster to just make the treck thru downtown disney to the front gates to get in... We have done both and the kids don't seem to mind either way... As for myself, I prefer to get up early and wait in line for the monorail.... You beat the crowd into the park and you are dropped off in tomorrowland...

Did you get the bonus parkhopper tickets??? Ours came with early entry to fantasyland and toontown? We had these last year and it was really nice going in before the rush!

Two of us have APs. Will that get us in early? We will buy the others at the hotel so I know that includes one early entry. Where can I get the bonus park hoppers?

We got ours when we booked the package (DLH + parkhoppers)... Not sure if you can get them outside of a package deal.

If you're staying at a Disney hotel, you get early entry into Fantasyland each day that it is offered. With the AP you don't get early entry into Toontown (Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness)--it just comes with packages, unless you are doing and AP package then I think you do get it.

would you just show your room key?? The last time we stayed there, there was a voucher good only one day for early entry to FL...

We were there last year at that time. It did not start getting really bad until Dec 23rd.

pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter