Will I regret it?

writerriann

Mouseketeer
We usually visit both parks the week before Memorial Day and have enjoyed the lower crowds. This year, our schedules might force a late July or early August visit. Will we regret it? My intention is to stay onsite for Express privileges. We've regular visitors so it's not a once-in-a-lifetime deal for us. We'd likely stretch it out over a week and take our time with plenty of pool opportunities. Having never been during the height of summer, I'm worried I have underestimated the crowds. Any insights?

As long as you're staying onsite with unlimited EP, it's totally doable..... BUT for *me*, the heat at that time of year is just about unbearable.

My red-headed little Weasley might think that too :(
I know a lot of people deal with it just fine. For me, it's just miserable. If your little one is sensitive to the heat, it might make it challenging. It does help me to stay hydrated and to duck in to air-conditioned stores and queues as often as possible....

Our visits have almost always been in March or November but for several reasons this past year we went in July. Was it hot - yes, but we still had a great trip. I agree that staying on-site for EP is a MUST. We got to do some things that we normally wouldn't get to do because March and November are not that warm. We spent several hours one afternoon just riding the water rides at IOA over and over and over again - only possible because of EP - and for us the warm temps. We would never have done that in the cooler temps. It was one of our best afternoons at Uni ever!

We usually visit both parks the week before Memorial Day and have enjoyed the lower crowds. This year, our schedules might force a late July or early August visit. Will we regret it? My intention is to stay onsite for Express privileges. We've regular visitors so it's not a once-in-a-lifetime deal for us. We'd likely stretch it out over a week and take our time with plenty of pool opportunities. Having never been during the height of summer, I'm worried I have underestimated the crowds. Any insights?

You have a week, plenty of time to take it slow. Go early and retreat to the pools early afternoon (before the thunderstorms roll thru;)). Take a nap, regroup & head back to parks after an early dinner.

We go in Mid-August...We are at the parks for opening or early entry, stay hydrated, and are out of the parks by noon and back the resort for pool time .IN the early evening we go back to the parks..

We've visited Orlando several times at the end of July. It is hot, but we dress for the weather. We all have quick dry/moisture wicking clothing and vented sun hats. We also by the kind of shirts that are supposed to feel cooler when exposed to moisture. They really work. We also use those cooling towels and recharge them frequently.

The best solution is what is mentioned above: take advantage of the early morning and late evenings. Spend the afternoons at the pool or inside.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter