Will I REALLY have a hard time getting ADRs for our trip?

HHMcG

DIS Veteran
This will be our first trip in 5+ years. Our first trip with kids and our first trip since the dining plan made ADRs a necessity. In the past when it was just DH and I we would book 1 or 2 nice meals and wing it for the others.

This trip we will be traveling in Jan or Feb (value) season. Due to the young age of our kids we eat our meals early (5:00-5:30 dinners). Will we have a hard time getting ADRs if I do not book them at the 90/180 day mark? We would like to do a few character meals (CM & CP but I think it is suppose to be closed)) and then the rest we would be pretty flexible.

i would definitely book the character meals when first able to do so. if this is still a "free dining" period, then i would book all even though y'all eat early(we do too). many of my choices had only one time offered to me on the online and it was w/in the time frame i was wanting. we are going mid-december. i'd would rather have the ADR and not need it than need it and can't get it. you can always change/cancel what you have. good luck!:yay:

Congrats on the 1st trip w/ the kids :) I would make ADRs asap for the character meals you want to go to. If you have a good idea of the TS meals for the entire trip, book them too. If you all change your mind on where to eat, you can make the new ADR and cancel the old one. I wouldn't want to take the chance of not being able to eat where I wanted and when I wanted. My motto: better safe than sorry or better to have a place to eat than not :rotfl: It would not be fun trying to find a place to eat with hungry little kids :) However, ADRs might be easier to come by if free dining isn't offered during your trip.

Have a great trip!!

I would make adrs and cancel or change them if your plans change.Adrs are hard to come by most times a year for the popular places.

When it was just my husband and I we wing our meals too but when we started traveling with our son I made sure I have ADR for almost all meals b/c he needs to eat at his normal time or meltdonw...I rather have ADR and then cancel if need be but its may safe guard to have them to make sure no meltdowns plus my husband is not a fan of CS and my son did not like the CS choices too at his first trip so the next 3 trips with him I made sure I have ADR for all meals. Have a magical trip with the kids first time...it will be one of the best trip you'll have (when we took our son for his first time...it was my best Disney trip ever...seeing Disney thur his eyes was MAGICAL);)

For popular character meals (like CM or CP), you cannot wing it. Get the ADR and if need be, then you can cancel it. YOu may be able to wing other meals, especially you are there first thing when it opens, but I wouldn't do it. To me it's better to have an ADR and a plan with young kids and change it if need be.

I agree about definitely making your ADRs for the places you *really* want to dine at as soon as your window opens. I booked ours right at the 90+10 mark and was able to get everything I wanted (we are going in late-October). I think that isn't the norm...especially during free dining (if it's offered when you are going).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter