• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will I figure this thing out?

PackMan

Earning My Ears
Going to DW for the first time Aug 21-27th w/ DW DS2 DD5

I've got either dinner or breakfast reservation everyday with the DDP.

I' bought a sit n stand stroller to wheel the kids around.

DW and I got new Sandals that will hopefully help with sore feet around the parks.

We've got the unofficial guide book.

Will we just figure out the rest as we go. What else do I need to look for. Tell me what I"m forgetting or missing or what to expect. Help me.

make sure you break in the new sandals
sunscreen
do you know how to work fastpass??
do you have an idea of which rides that are must for you to ride??

It sounds like you are off to a good start. I am a planning fanatic and really don't know how to do Disney effeciently without a good plan! If you are staying onsite, check out what parks have EMH on what days. Try to plan to be at the bus stop about an hour before you really want to enter the parks. Utilize fastpasses!! They will become your best friend if you use them correctly!! I write out a daily schedule of where we plan to be at what times. It helps us stay on track especially with dining reservations! Make sure you write your schedule down, especially your dining reservations and make sure you take them with you!! Lots of pre-planning means a less tense vacation. Have a great time. Be warned...once you go you will be addicted!!!!

Don't worry too much about doing it all. WDW can be very overwhelming. Plus, you have small kids, so take some time to enjoy the World through their eyes. When they need their naps, savour that downtime and just relax.

Fastpasses are a must, even for some of the non-thrill rides that appeal to the little ones.

Take tons of photos. In future years, the kids will love looking back through them, and so will you.

Don't stress. You said this is your first trip ... and no doubt the first of many to come!

Take moleskin to help with blister with new sandles and also pack another pair of shoes so you can switch off if you need to.

Consider writing yourself a touring plan. Start at rope drop and know what ride your going on and what ride you fastpassing and in what order Touring plans.com is a good one but I am am sure if you google WDW Touring Plans you will find several choices.

Most importantly use the plan as a guide, don't get stressed over the schedule, if your having fun where you are just have fun.

You will never be able to see it all so what ever you don't get to you can do on the next trip.
Have a magical vacation!

We have friends who have used the unofficial guide book and was able to do everything on their planed trip.

Main thing is to have good comfortable shoes and have fun your first time is the best.

If you are planing to see characters make sure you get a time guide Epcot you can stand in one line and get the main big named characters and Hollywood Studies have alot

We have been about 25 times last year we went with friends and it was their first time and it was amazing to see through their eyes.

Some of our favorite tips...

***Get to the parks early. You can get a lot accomplished in the early hours.
***Always have a fastpass. Even if you haven't used your last one yet (remember, they will let you use them anytime that day after your return time). Determine what you want to ride next via fastpass and designate someone to gather all tickets and make the fastpass run.
***If you'd like to save money, pack a few snacks and/or drinks. We order groceries and bring along a backpack/backpack cooler. We empty a bit of the water out into a glass and then freeze the rest. Those become our ice packs and keep the other drinks cold. It's great to have something to drink/eat when you want it, and the savings add up.
***Pre-order your photopass CD before you go. It can save you $50.
Enjoy your trip!!! :goodvibes

Photopass CD?

I think I understand the fastpass but maybe some direction would be nice. How many can I have at a time. I can use them anytime that same day right? As long as it's during or after the time listed on my fast pass right?
Do all rides have a fast pass option?

I'm a little worried that I won't be able to go on the rides I want to go on because my kids will be too tweaked. my 5 year old talks a big game now but I have a feeling she's going to chicken out. How have you all worked that before. I know it's about them but I want to do some big rides too.

Don't worry too much about doing it all. WDW can be very overwhelming. Plus, you have small kids, so take some time to enjoy the World through their eyes. When they need their naps, savour that downtime and just relax.

Fastpasses are a must, even for some of the non-thrill rides that appeal to the little ones.

Take tons of photos. In future years, the kids will love looking back through them, and so will you.

Don't stress. You said this is your first trip ... and no doubt the first of many to come!

I must agree with the overwheming here also, I remember my 1st trip, I was in WOW, that was 12 trips ago, and I still have not done or seen everything.:cheer2:

Photopass CD?

I think I understand the fastpass but maybe some direction would be nice. How many can I have at a time. I can use them anytime that same day right? As long as it's during or after the time listed on my fast pass right?
Do all rides have a fast pass option?

I'm a little worried that I won't be able to go on the rides I want to go on because my kids will be too tweaked. my 5 year old talks a big game now but I have a feeling she's going to chicken out. How have you all worked that before. I know it's about them but I want to do some big rides too.

Not every ride has a FP. Check your unofficial guide; it tells you which rides do. And, at least for now, you can use them anytime after the posted time on the same day. You can get another FP either 2 hrs after getting the first or after the posted time to use it starts....the time you can get another one will be at the bottom of your FP. Remember, everyone in your party needs their own FP.

As for the 5 yr old chickening out, read up about child swap. That should help you out there.

Sandals??? UGH, make sure you take your running shoes/athletic shoes. Haven't found a pair of sandals that will support your feet thru a WDW trip! Sorry to tell you, but your feet are gonna be killing you.

Invest in Crocs or again a good pair of running shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter