Will I EVER eat at O'Hana again????

brisus

Mouseketeer
I have not been able to get a reservation at O'Hana for our last three trips to the world. I have tried several months in advance to book. :guilty:I have to say, it is a bit discouraging. It seems crazy to me that this gets sooo booked up. Do you think I should give it a try and do a walk up when it first opens. I have a feeling there may be some advance reservations that are not fulfilled do you think this is a waste of time? I REAAALY want to go!!!! Also tried Chef Mickeys as an alternate since it is for a birthday celebration but no luck there either!

AWE... I don't know what to tell you except Keep Trying! People cancel everyday. Try booking by phone, online, anything!

I feel ur pain. It took me 3 trips w/o it to finally get the reservation. It was worth it, so don't give up.[if you can handle a late ADR go for it] To tell you the truth I woke up @ 5:45AM to get the past 2. :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: We had it once & it was worth the extreme measures it took to get it, so I did it again for this trip. :lmao: My DS loved it & he was only 1 & 1/2 @ the time. He really enjoyed the noodles. :goodvibes

When do you need the reservation for? We're going 9/28 - 10/5 I might have to cancel here soon...

Tammy

I hear ya OP. It has gotten absolutely insane. Basically, these days, the only way to get an 'Ohana dinner ADR (at least, before 9pm) is to book it online at 6am on your 180-day mark, and even then, you need to be using the 180 + 10, and pick a day towards the end of your stay.

Keep checking for cancellations, though. For some reason, I have found that the wee hours of the morning (around 5-6am WDW time) seem to yield the best chances of picking up a cancellation.

I hear you, it is my only ressie let to score for our upcoming trip! I MUST eat there for dinner every trip however I will never do a 9:30pm ressie again! Praying for an earlier time, checking every day! Hoping when trip balances are due next month there will be some openings! It was easier to get our BOG ressie than Ohana!

you have to keep trying for hours on end even up until your arrival week. When i first booked a few years ago i got one reservation where the time was late. I kept trying randomly throughout the day every day up until the last week and sure enough a few opened up so i booked for two dinners at Ohana. I did notice also during the week leading to our trip slots for other things had opened up also. I did get up early on the day i was finally able to book dining reservations (right when the clock hit a certain time) so that probably helped on our second trip there was plenty available but for a short window of time.

maybe its a blessing in disguise...I dont think their food is anything to write home about. LOL! Seriously thou, keep trying. You never know.

Keep trying. With the new credit card guarantee, there have been reports of reservations opening up 1-2 weeks before the dates. I suspect even more open up as "next day" reservations. I, personally, had my hotel concierge successfully get me 'Ohana reservations for the next or same day with success. And, lastly, you could always arrive before 5pm, get in the "no reservations" line, and hope for the best.

brisus said:
I have not been able to get a reservation at O'Hana for our last three trips to the world. I have tried several months in advance to book. :guilty:I have to say, it is a bit discouraging. It seems crazy to me that this gets sooo booked up. Do you think I should give it a try and do a walk up when it first opens. I have a feeling there may be some advance reservations that are not fulfilled do you think this is a waste of time? I REAAALY want to go!!!! Also tried Chef Mickeys as an alternate since it is for a birthday celebration but no luck there either!

When do you need the ressie for? I say keep trying several times a day. I booked at the 180 mark & got an 8:10 pm for Ohana. Then 2 weeks ago I scored a 6:45pm on our arrival day. Sweet! So be persistent. It may pay off. Good luck.

maybe its a blessing in disguise...I dont think their food is anything to write home about. LOL! Seriously thou, keep trying. You never know.

I hear ya on the food. Ate there last year and enjoyed the appetizers but the meat was dry and what wasn't dry was just fat. Plus there was way too much food. The service was meh and it took forever to get our drinks and refills. And I thought the lady with the ukulele was annoying.

Thank you for all the responses I really appreciate it. I am looking for dinner on 10/31. Thank you for offering the reservation if you are cancelling that was very nice of you. I did not know there was a no reservation line?? So I just go up and put my name on a list or do you think they will tell you right away? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for all your help! I WILL KEEP TRYING!!!

When do you need the reservation for? We're going 9/28 - 10/5 I might have to cancel here soon...

Tammy

ive been looking for an ohana adr for what seems like forever for one of those dates!

OP i try multiple times a day and even mess around with our party size. crossing my fingers we both get one.

I was the same way and ended up getting a reservation a few days before our trip. Unfortunately, the food was not good at all. We used to love O'Hana for dinner. After this trip we're taking it off our list. We were really disappointed! Maybe we'll try breakfast next time since we haven't done that in a few years.

I will just echo the "keep trying" mantra!!! We're going 11/1-11/10. I booked all my ADRs in mid-July and Ohana had nothing earlier than 9:00pm. I love Ohana but I'm not THAT desperate to eat there again. :laughing:

Then, on a whim really, last week I decided to see if anything had opened up by some miracle and sure enough - scored one! So.....just keep checking! You really do never know. :goodvibes

I too am trying. This is our 3rd trip and so far we have never gotten one. I need one for either 2 or 7. Hoping for Dec 10th. Keep trying!

donnaf516 said:
Quote:

I was the same way and ended up getting a reservation a few days before our trip. Unfortunately, the food was not good at all. We used to love O'Hana for dinner. After this trip we're taking it off our list. We were really disappointed! Maybe we'll try breakfast next time since we haven't done that in a few years.
Ohana bfast is great!!! We loved it! Definitely give that a try if you can.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I have. Gotten reservation each time by trying over and over. I just check when I wake up. Check before going to bed and check in the middle of the day on lunch break. Don't give up, I often got my res. A month or a week before I left.

I too had a bad dining experience for dinner the first time, however my husband wanted to go back on our second trip. That time it was amazing. It depends on the chef that night. I also go at 5:00, 5:30 when the food is fresh and just being prepared. I think it gets worse as the evening continues. Never been there for breakfast.

I have never been able to get an ADR for Ohana far out for some reason. BUT, I have awesome luck getting in about a week before our trip because everyone's cancelling and making last minute adjustments to their plans. We've also been able to get the same day we've called twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter