• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will I be happy with my Fantasmic Dinner Pkg?

QueenT

Mouseketeer
Just booked it at Brown Derby (2TS!!)

We have 2 tables for a party of 7, how will this be? Also, is the roped off area really better?

It was the 30 min wait as opposed to over an hour that pulled me in, plus Brown Derby was on my maybe eat there list. I know Hollywood & Vine was another one available, can't remember the 3rd. H&V didn't seem too enticing.

One more question, res time is at 4:40, this seems kind of early for a 7:30 show....

I don't think I have read many people say the reserved section is better for viewing, in fact many say it is not ideal. The benefits are definitely not having to wait as long, having a separate entrance and also being close to the exit.

I have the H&V FDP booked for our MGM night.

kj2mom said:
I have the H&V FDP booked for our MGM night.

We're also doing H&V. Never been to Brown Derby, but I've heard that you definitely will NOT be disappointed!

Try their grapefruit cake. It is delicous. It is their signature desert. You will not be dissappointed. :yay:

Thanks, all. I am really looking forward to this. But, Grapefruit Cake???? I guess I will have to try it.

QueenT said:
Thanks, all. I am really looking forward to this. But, Grapefruit Cake???? I guess I will have to try it.

I really quite delicous. The signature cake from the resturant in Calif. If very light and tasty. I am sure you will like it.

Also I forgot to mention is their Cobb Salad. They were ones who invented it. If you like salad and satisfied with for a meal, try it. I sure you won't disaapointed.

We're doing the package with Mama Melrose. Anything wrong with Mama Melrose? I picked MM over H & V because I'm not big on the buffet style meals.

The early times for the ADRs are fine. By the time you get sat and fed, it'll be 6:00. You can then take 6:00-7:00 (while everyone else is waiting in line for Fantasmic) to hit a ride or two. You can then saunter over to the reserved seating area around 7:00-7:15. The reserved seating is tucked in the corner, so if you really wanted a central view, you'd need to camp out 2 or more hours in advance.

bkerney said:
We're doing the package with Mama Melrose. Anything wrong with Mama Melrose? I picked MM over H & V because I'm not big on the buffet style meals.
I also have the fantasmic dining package at Mama Melrose's. Mine is on May 8th, when is yours?

bkerney said:

I recall that the food was good, but that evening, my kids were either dead asleep or screaming, so I didn't get to enjoy it. I'm going back on my next trip (which is only 9 days away!)

The seats for fantasmic are off to one side, but it is great not to have to wait in line or in the arena for a long time. We have done the Brown Derby package twice. We really enjoyed a nice quiet and very good dinner at tha Brown Derby.Then went on a few rides and headed into Fantasmic 1/2 hour before it began. We plan to always see fantasmic this way. Enjoy! :thumbsup2

We loved the Brown Derby - my husband had the pan-fired grouper & it was fabulous; I was just ok w/ the cobb salad although a lot of people have said they loved it. The grapefruit cake was very good & I've heard good things about the creme brulee there, but haven't tried it myself yet! Enjoy!

bkerney said:
Mama Melrose is very good. I also like H & V. All three are fine. They have very decent food.

Thanks all, you guys are great! I have already tried the 2hr wait with my feet falling off & kids getting antsy & dh grouching (LOL), which all seems somehow amplified at the end of a long day, so 30 minutes or even 15 seems like heaven.

I chose Brown Derby despite 2TS mainly because dh doesn't really enjoy italian so much, & I prefer non-buffet for dinner, already doing several other buffets this trip soooo....

From what I remember of Fantasmic (6 yrs ago) it doesn't seem like any view would be BAD. Anyway sounds like well worth a try. I am aiming to minimize my waits at ALL attractions & shows, diligently plugging away, sweat pouring from my brow as I patiently plan. Which I couldn't do without the DIS, :thumbsup2 .

I had the Fantasmic Dinner Package at the Brown Derby in November. The food was great but the service was awful. We had 6 in our party which included 2 children and 2 seniors.

It took forever to get our food and drinks. We just barely made it to Fantasmic and we had to pack our desserts to go.

What was even worse was that it was my birthday dinner and DSIL had ordered a birthday cake for me that they lost!! It was supposed to be a special birthday since my DF was just diagnosed with cancer and was very ill. This might be the last birthday I will be able to spend with him and Brown Derby ruined that special moment for me.

When I complained the best they could offer me were fast passes to rides. Gee, lets see let me take 2 seniors, a pregnant woman and 2 small children on TOT. Not! It seemed like they really didn't even care. Yes I am still mad. And probably would never eat there again. Shame on them!!

Although we went to Le Cellier the next day and they most defiantely made up for Brown Derby's screw up. They brought out several desserts for our table and sang Happy Birthday. :love:

When are you going? Is Fantasmic likely to be full at that time? I was at MGM on March 26 (during spring break). I walked in to the entrance to the Fantasmic theatre at 7:20 (actually got all the way in there just a few minutes before it started) for the 7:30 show. I was in the far section (which looked to be the equivalent of the Fantasmic dining package section but on the other side). The view was fine - I've sat in the middle and while the view from the far side wasn't as good as being smack in the middle, it was more than adequate. Maybe I was just lucky, maybe it was because there were two shows that night, maybe it was because it was chilly out - who knows? But I certainly didn't need a dining package that night. We've been to Fantasmic about 5 times. We've never had the dining package and we've never lined up more than half an hour beforehand and we've always gotten in , gotten a seat and been able to see just fine. 3 times were during light crowd weeks in November, but once was spring break and once was the week after Easter, so go figure. Does anyone know how often Fantasmic actually fills up? Is my experience unusual?

We did Brown Derby in January...it was so wonderful. The food was great, but the package was expensive...I think it was $35 per person.

The stadium is so huge that even seats to the side have a good view.

We did the Fantasmic Dinner Package trip before last. Not having to wait was cool, seeing some backstage areas on the way to the stadium was cool, the food at H & V was awful.

Never been to Brown Derby, but from what I've heard it seems a good choice. It's the one I would make if we ever do the FDP again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter