will i automatically have same member # if i buy resale add on

NicoleLarson

DIS Veteran
This contract has the same use year. Will I automatically have the same member # or do I need to do something to ensure that I do. Using Jami @ tts

I think I have the same question.
We have resale contract w/BWV from years ago.
Now buying AKV resale.
I think we will have 1 member number (our current #) with two separate contracts listed below from which we choose which points to make reservation?

You just have to make sure it is deeded the same. Make sure your names are exactly the same (with/without middle names or initials and all). And you have to select the same type of deed and be sure to put member # on the info sheet the broker gives you.

This contract has the same use year. Will I automatically have the same member # or do I need to do something to ensure that I do. Using Jami @ tts

As long as it's titled exactly the same as your current contract, they should be able to add it as a sub-contract under your membership. You should let the broker know you are an existing member and they may want your member id number.

We're just closing on an add on with the same UY. I just mailed closing payment and documents today. The title company paperwork asks if you are a current DVC member and if so, to indicate your member #.

Also as others already suggested, I would review your current deed to see how it is titled. Our original deed used our middle initials so we made sure to have the paperwork match up this time.

We have 22 parts in our membership! (I just counted them!):). 8 were bought through resale. We did do whatever was suggested here and having them all under the same number was important to us!

Good luck to you!

Agree to all of the above and adding for safety: do not assume it will be automatically done and verify that broker informs Disney before you close that you are an existing member who wants the new contract to be part of your prior master contract. There are have been some incidents mentioned in the past where DVD did not join the two contracts and ionstead issued a new member number because it was not adequately informed on the issue.

So, we need
--same UY
--exact same names
--same type of deed (how to we ensure that?)
--make sure the resale broker communicates that we want the same membership number (at what part of the resale process does this need to happen?)
Thanks!

So, we need
--same UY
--exact same names
--make sure the resale broker communicates that we want the same membership number (at what part of the resale process does this need to happen?)
Thanks!

Same UY YES, same type of deed ? not sure what the poster meant by that, titled the same way (names need to match exactly) and when the offer is excepted and you fill out paper work for sale it asks for current membership number and it it does not let them know you are a current member and list your # on the purchase contract. If you do all of the above you should be fine.

We've seen a couple of people who seemed at risk in this area lately. It may not have been enough time for them to be through the process and know for sure, maybe they'll chime in. I'd vote for letting everyone know including DVC member admin directly. My understanding is they will not fix it if it isn't matched originally.

I did this recently. I confirmed the names were identical and that the deeds set up the same in terms of type of ownership and survivorship. I am not a lawyer so I can't tell you any more about what the options are. I just made sure the language was the same in both contracts and there were no problems.

Same UY YES, same type of deed ? not sure what the poster meant by that, titled the same way (names need to match exactly) and when the offer is excepted and you fill out paper work for sale it asks for current membership number and it it does not let them know you are a current member and list your # on the purchase contract. If you do all of the above you should be fine.

I think deed type refers to type of tenancy, i.e., single, married but buying as one person only, husband and wife, joint tenants with right of survivorship, etc.

I think deed type refers to type of tenancy, i.e., single, married but buying as one person only, husband and wife, joint tenants with right of survivorship, etc.

Yes.

We had a deed snafu and had to call and call member services and member admin (MS didn't know what I was talking about and thought I was trying to get the contract transferred quicker and member admin was tough to actually get a hold of and they also thought I was trying to rush the transfer) to make sure the last add on was put under our existing membership # (they finally did agree to do it, but told me we would have to re-record the deed with our middle initials and I am currently having difficulty getting the closing company to respond to my e-mails about doing that). Our middle initials were on all 3 prior deeds but were left off of the last one (2 of the prior deeds were HH as was the last one, so it was easy to see on the SC registry of deeds site and I discovered it as the deed was going through). What a hassle, so make sure you have the names exactly the same...and choose the same type of deed (mentioned above).

So, we need
--same UY
--exact same names
Thanks!

Both bolded things above are done on a form the broker has you fill out when you are signing contract to go to ROFR. It's an info sheet that asks for names and address and has you select type of deed and it will ask if you are already DVC members and ask for your mem #.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter