Will gel insoles help feet at WDW?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I bought New Balance shoes 1.5 months ago and have been breaking them in for my Sept trip to WDW. They are slightly too large ( I have narrow feet), so I just bought Dr Scholl's gel massaging insoles to try to make them fit better and make walking more comfortable. I bought an extra pkg of insoles to use at WDW. I have also seen insoles that are supposed to help with feet pain in different areas, but I have no specific foot problems, and "massaging gel insoles" sounded like they would be better. Has anyone tried these, and do they work? I got them 2 pair for 5. Is that a good price? Also, would you wear these with sandals as well?
Thanks!

I would imagine they would make walking a bit more comfortable.
As to using them in sandals, what would hold them in?

The insoles actually help quite a bit. I had back surgery in January and started using two different kinds of insoles (gel and cushion) afterward. They made my April trip to WDW much more comfortable.

I agree with Gail on the sandals though. I don't believe they would stay on the sandal's sole. I always wear sneakers to WDW and last much longer than I would in sandals.

I use gel insoles to help the pain I have from heel spurs. The insoles help alot.

You got them at a great price. I pay around $7.00 for the heel pads and $14.00 for the insoles.

Yes, I like them and they are also another layer of protection between your feet and the hot pavement.

herc.

I always buy the cushion ones and they work great. I walked the marathon for the past two years and this is a tip that I received from another walker: Vaseline. Sounds gross but works like a charm. If you put vaseline on your feet and between your toes you will not get a blister. It only feels yucky for a minute or two and then it actually feels comforting.

I use expensive insoles purchased at trade shows or Brookstone. I wouldn't go to Disney without them. I used to hobble out of the park at the end of a 14 hour day. Now I still have bounce to my step and little foot pain.

I have cured my blister problem by wearing blister inhibiting socks and by using Blister Guard. It is a roll on that contains a teflon-like product. It prevents friction and therefore blisters completely. What a great product. It should help with sandals also.

Originally posted by bearzabout
I use expensive insoles purchased at trade shows or Brookstone. I wouldn't go to Disney without them. I used to hobble out of the park at the end of a 14 hour day. Now I still have bounce to my step and little foot pain.

I use the Birkenstock insoles in my New Balance shoes and it helps. they cost about $50.

I have made the mistake in the past of self-selecting shoes which were too wide for me and have tried adding Dr. Scholl's gel insoles to make them fit better. I ended up with a sore back and blisters for my trouble. The insoles slipped around in the shoes and my feet slipped around on the inshoes, which felt like I was walking on sand.

I am diabetic now and I must take extra care of my feet. Before my last Disney trip, I went to a New Balance store to be properly fitted with an appropriate size and style of shoe. I also bought new cushioned socks for the trip. The two pairs of NB 849s I took with me on my trip are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned.

I recommend avoiding the low-numbered styles available at department stores and seeking professional advice at a New Balance store if you have any sort of foot problems.

If you're flying put them in checked luggage. DH had to throw his out going through security once and they're not cheap!

All good advice! I have been using NB for years and love them. I am having problems with my feet and ankles and they are testing me for RA. I was wondering what to do about our upcoming trip and it seems as though, thru your experiences, I may have found my solution. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter