Will Fantasy make it back?

I'm wondering if anyone took a video of what was going on last night. I'm sure it wasn't priority but I would just like to see. I'm glad everyone is back and safe!

Web cam shows three tug boats guiding her into the dock. That is unusual, isn't it?

tugs are required whenever there are serious winds

Captain of the Port standing order

thrusters are good but have only a small fraction of a tug's power

safety first

looks like the tugs finally left about 1030 meaning that's when they were "fast" to the pier.

now about making a flight at 11 :rolleyes1

Just saw a DCL transfer bus go by -- there's hope that things are getting back to "normal." Why be normal? We flew in yesterday and were delayed four hours in San Antonio, TX. First it was a delayed landing because of weather. Florida wasn't the only state getting heavy rains. Then our connecting flight had mechanical problems.

We were met by Tiffany limo -- very cushy and protected parking so we didn't get wet. The were very understanding about the delay, but when we suggested making a stop for supplies the driver said there wasn't a place to stop on the way. Whatever. dH took a taxi and stocked up this morning at a Publix about a mile from here. Taxi cost $25. But if ya gotta, ya gotta. The hotel was a shuttle taking us to the port in a couple hours. Glad we're only delayed 3 hrs. Could be a whole lot worse.

Sorry for the typos. This iPad keyboard is a pain.

Just saw a DCL transfer bus go by -- there's hope that things are getting back to "normal." Why be normal? We flew in yesterday and were delayed four hours in San Antonio, TX. First it was a delayed landing because of weather. Florida wasn't the only state getting heavy rains. Then our connecting flight had mechanical problems.

We were met by Tiffany limo -- very cushy and protected parking so we didn't get wet. The were very understanding about the delay, but when we suggested making a stop for supplies the driver said there wasn't a place to stop on the way. Whatever. dH took a taxi and stocked up this morning at a Publix about a mile from here. Taxi cost $25. But if ya gotta, ya gotta. The hotel was a shuttle taking us to the port in a couple hours. Glad we're only delayed 3 hrs. Could be a whole lot worse.

Sorry for the typos. This iPad keyboard is a pain.

Have a great time - you deserve it!!! :goodvibes

Heather

Luggage is off. 3000 people waiting on deck 3 so we headed upstairs. Glad to be home, sad we missed CC, could have been worse. Beautiful ship and great crew. Shop on deck 11 has stuff strewn all over the place. Gangway opening at 11:45 per overhead announcement. Giving us a 25% discount on a future cruise or WDW stay.

Quinlan00 said:
Everything on desk/counter surfaces flew off, and there was mystery broken tempered glass on our deck this AM.

Up on deck 11 right now starboard side by drink station and one of the big curved pieces of tempered glass is gone. Some of it is on deck but I'm assuming most of it went overboard or on your verandah!

Here's the link for the Fantasy: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=311058700

Here's the link for the Dream: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=311042900

If the ship is in range of any radar, that page will have a link to the current track.

Good luck to everyone on board or soon to be sailing either ship.

pirate:

This is a transponder. You know information when in range of receiver. Their Is a grid that show reception areas covered for public view. U. S. Navy knows we're they all are all the time.

It's bad but we aren't close to capsizing. Waves are 20+ feet. Rocking and rolling!

I'm not discounting your experience at all, but my crew member friend reports directly to the captain. I've never heard him cry in my life, but he was terrified last night. Nonetheless, I'm glad you got back alright. He says there's a lot of damage backstage and they have a long day ahead of them trying to turn over the ship.

I'm not discounting your experience at all, but my crew member friend reports directly to the captain. I've never heard him cry in my life, but he was terrified last night. Nonetheless, I'm glad you got back alright. He says there's a lot of damage backstage and they have a long day ahead of them trying to turn over the ship.

Huh? The captain cried or your friend?

DynamicDisneyDuo said:
Probably his friend. Sounds like the friend may have cracked under the pressure. I seriously doubt the ship was ever close to capsizing.

I was on the ship last night. There was no way we were in that much danger. 50-60 ft waves per the officers on board but we weren't gonna flip LOL

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter