• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will Easter crowds be like Christmas crowds?

jxh1

Supreme God of All Things Disney!
Hey everyone! I would love your input and thoughts on crowds at the parks at Easter. Unfortunately this year my kids have the week of Easter for their spring break (if Easter is early they usually have spring break over Easter, if it's late, they usually have it a few weeks before), we have gone to Universal Easter week before and yes it was busy but manageable and we always stay at a hotel with Express Pass. We are still trying to decide if it's worth doing this year. I heard about the holiday crowds in December and I fear it might be the same in April (with the limited capacity). We are from up north and like to get AP's and make a few trips throughout the year (spring break, summer vacation, Thanksgiving). I'm guessing not much will be changing with the parks in the next few months (same capacity, etc.) and just trying to decide if it's worth going in April or just push it off until the summer.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

This is a pretty big discussion in the April / March threads as everyone is worried about that. But the general consensus is that it will be a bit less desired to go there versus Christmas for many. People just won't be willing to take the risks they did over the holidays they would for spring break. Would I push it back until summer? Probably, for both safety's sake and the magic level, HOPEFULLY things are better by then. And really what's a few more months to give it a chance to be? But if you insists on your current trip I doubt it will be as hectic as XMAS, there are just so many that are are hunkering down again.

This is a pretty big discussion in the April / March threads as everyone is worried about that. But the general consensus is that it will be a bit less desired to go there versus Christmas for many. People just won't be willing to take the risks they did over the holidays they would for spring break. Would I push it back until summer? Probably, for both safety's sake and the magic level, HOPEFULLY things are better by then. And really what's a few more months to give it a chance to be? But if you insists on your current trip I doubt it will be as hectic as XMAS, there are just so many that are are hunkering down again.
Thanks for your input!

We are evaluating Easter too because crowds make us nervous and less crowds seems preferable. I’m worried our summer break may be more crowded and I would have prefered Easter. We did August last year before school started and felt very safe but the crowds on the Friday and Saturday made us uncomfortable enough to leave the park.

We have been there over Easter week in previous years, it's more crowded but manageable. It's blazing hot in the summer but I'm hoping by then maybe some restrictions will be relaxed (wishful thinking I'm sure). If my kid's spring break was not over the Easter holiday we'd probably go, but since it is that week I'm leaning more towards putting it off a bit longer. We'd have Express Passes but even those lines could be long over Easter. I know no one can say for sure how things will be since this is still not a "normal" year though.

Given that Universal is opening an additional hotel (ESS+ESD will both be open, so only SF and Aventura are closed) vs Christmas, it looks like they are expecting even larger crowds. I would assume that means they are also increasing the amount of people they let into the parks at a given time.

Sure the virus could cause some people to reconsider or even the government to put restrictions in place, but I would assume that it will be very crowded that week...

Where are these March/April threads? I can't seem to locate them. We are supposed to go Easter week and I'd love to read along.

I think that the parks will be crazy crowded and I would want to be onsite with Express Passes. I believe they will regularly hit capacity.

I think that the parks will be crazy crowded and I would want to be onsite with Express Passes. I believe they will regularly hit capacity.

Are you talking around Easter? A lot of people were thinking the second half of Feb and first half of March may not be that bad. But then it will ramp up as March goes along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter