• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will DME deliver an oversized stroller/stroller bag to AKL?

lilpooh108

DIS Veteran
Hello. I posted this in the "Familes" board but I thought I'd check here as well.

I am checking in a stroller inside a pretty large stroller bag (it's really heavy and sort of long). It's definitely oversized.

When we fly to other places, the baggage handlers usually take it off the luggage spinning thing so as to not "clog up" the luggage claim thing. I usually find it on the side next to other oversized items (like surfboards, etc).

Can I trust DME to find it or do they not deliver oversized items? We are staying at AKL.

Has anyway had experience getting a checked stroller delivered by DME to their room?

Thanks.

Can't answer your question about your stroller from experience. However, I believe that DME luggage is diverted before it reaches the regular luggage caroussels.

As a separate question- just how big is your stroller (since you mention that it is oversized)? Are you aware of the size limits that Disney has regarding strollers entering the parks?

As long as the yellow DME is firmly attached in an obvious place, like all other designated luggage it should be pulled before anything is put on the carousel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter