Will Disney Villains ever become more than a one-party thing?

One of our best pictures is DS and DD with Jafar. This was several years ago when he was by Swiss Family Robinson. He looked sooo tall and they looked so small next to him.

They also had homemade autograph books with a special page for Jafar and when he saw it, he asked his CM for a sharpie rather than our pen and did a really neat signature for them.:)

I love happy memories!:goodvibes

Rachel:earsboy::earsgirl::earsboy::earsgirl:

I met Jafar last Friday (June 10th) during SWW in the Animation building around 5 PM...he has a really coopl signature. Also there were: Incredibles, Chip N Dale, Pinnochio and Geppeto, Mulan, Fantasia Mickey, Pooh, and Goofy.

I LOVE THE VILLANS !!!!! And because my name is Wendy, I am especially interested in Captain Hook. Three years ago at MNSSHP, I was dressed as a pirate and I actually had a nice long sword fight with Hook.....all he had was his hook, so I had to tease him about that. Smee was watching close by. My brother was taking pictures and laughing so much that the photos were kind of blurry. To this day that is one of my FAVORITE memories from WDW. The crowd that gathered was cheering me on and my brother said most people thought it was some sort of skit for everyones entertainment. At the end, Captain Hook took my hand and kissed it, so I guess he has a heart after all:love:

I think the villains character meal was discontinued because it scared too many kids. The villains aren't warm and fuzzy, so there were a lot of hurt feelings. :laughing:

I used to like the villains store at the studios-- then it turned into a Nightmare Before Christmas and Pirates store. Now what is it? Candy?

I also love the villains and wish there was more with them. I got a picture with Cruella back in the late 90s, but I would really like to see Ursula and the Queen of Hearts. I'm very excited for MNSSHP where I can get my fill of villains!

A villains land or at least a M & G area at DHS would be great. Doubt my kids would want to see them, but I would!

I think the villains character meal was discontinued because it scared too many kids. The villains aren't warm and fuzzy, so there were a lot of hurt feelings. :laughing:

I used to like the villains store at the studios-- then it turned into a Nightmare Before Christmas and Pirates store. Now what is it? Candy?

Now it's Nightmare Before Christmas and Pirates in half of the store and candy in the other half. As much as I love Nightmare, I don't get what was wrong with selling its merch at Haunted Mansion (plus World of Disney, Mousegear, Emporium, etc.) and Pirates at the Pirates gift shop- why did stuff that was already available elsewhere in the World have to encroach on the one villains-focused store? Neither of those two are even related to the villains!

I also love the villains and wish there was more with them. I got a picture with Cruella back in the late 90s, but I would really like to see Ursula and the Queen of Hearts. I'm very excited for MNSSHP where I can get my fill of villains!

A villains land or at least a M & G area at DHS would be great. Doubt my kids would want to see them, but I would!

Queen of Hearts does randomly appear at Characterpalooza in the Animation Building at DHS.

Two things- one, I think of all the villians Cruella is the one that actually comes out frequently.

two- one of the many rumours about disney world that has been bounced back and forth forever (but will probably never come to frutation) is that they will build a 5th "dark park" based on the villians. How cool would that be ?!?!?!

I love the villains too. I particularly love Maleficent.

I'm always looking for villains stuff but it's hard to find. I don't understand why more of it isn't available.

I am bring my nephew (4) to WDW in Aug and I could not wait to have him meet Capt Hook. Peter Pan is his favorite movie. I have the best memories of Capt Hook challenging my DS (5) to a duel a few years back. My DS 12 got involved and it was an absolute blast!! I am so disappointed ...maybe we will luck out at DHS.

You know... there was talk of a New park themed around the Villains? Of course that has been circling for about 3 years now. Nothing more than rumors have surfaced. :sad2:

I would book a villians character meal in a heartbeat. My take, if your kids are small and would be scared by the bad guys-don't book it. Much like my kids are boys so CRT really isn't a must do for us so I don't book it. That being said, they are so missing the mark having zilch for villians merchandise and m&g's. We have done well meeting most that are available but we have also done MNSSHP several times. To date we have found:
Hook
Dr Facillier
Cruella
Frollo
Maleficient
Jafar
Jafar/Jasmine
Queen of Hearts
Snow Queen (MNSSHP and animation bdlg)
and some king guy from Robin Hood (I think he is a bad guy...)

I don't think we are missing too many current ones but would love to see more out. The coolest of them by far though was Facillier

During MNSSHP while we were waiting for the parade, the Big Bad Wolf was walking by, grabbed my DH bag of candy and kept walking... "Liver Lips" and "Big Al" from the CBJ saw what happened got it back for us. It really was funny :rotfl2:

One villain that I really want to meet is GASTON !!!! He's so full of himself but has some great lines.

I've read lots here on Disboards about the popularity of Villians...I wonder why Disney has not picked up on the demand and introduced them more frequently int he parks. Thoughts??

I've read lots here on Disboards about the popularity of Villians...I wonder why Disney has not picked up on the demand and introduced them more frequently int he parks. Thoughts??

They scare the little kiddies?

How about a whole "land" dedicated to the Villains? I think this would lend itself particularly well to adding some more THRILL rides and roller coasters!

Omg THIS.:wizard:

Another thing that bothers me sometimes is the hotels. How come there's never anything darker, like a villains themed resort?

OR how about a Haunted Mansion hotel? They would make a killing....:rolleyes:

and some king guy from Robin Hood (I think he is a bad guy...)

That's Prince John, and he is the main villain in Robin Hood. (Also, a friend of mine is friends with him in the parks...)

SoScary'09 said:
OR how about a Haunted Mansion hotel? They would make a killing....

I actually have had a similar thought, except with the Hollywood Tower Hotel. ToT is one of my favorite rides, so I'd love to stay in a hotel like that!

I would love to see:
Gov. Ratcliffe
Gaston
Dr. Facilier
Maleficient
Ursula
Clayton (from Tarzan)
Prof. Ratigan
Frollo

I would also love to see Jack and Sally out, I know they appear at Disneyland at Halloween time. Maybe Gaston will appear with the Fantasyland expansion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter