Will Disney try to discourage split stays next year?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I was contemplating going down next year for a few days in August just to visit the water park, TL for a couple of days and maybe visit a state park that is close by. This was even before the announcement of the free water park day on check in day.

I was not planning on visiting TL on our check in day, but buying two water park tickets each for our party of three. Then I thought about doing a split stay, three days, then two days at Pop, essentially getting one day worth of tickets for free. Maybe not a bad idea. I just wonder though if Disney might do something to discourage split stays next year because of this train of thought?

What sort of thing do you suppose they'd do to discourage it?

Moving resorts, especially more than two times for a week, is a ton of work for most families. I doubt people will try to abuse this incentive so much that Disney does anything other than potentially cap how many waterpark tickets you can redeem per week/month/etc.

I just wonder though if Disney might do something to discourage split stays next year because of this train of thought?
I seriously doubt it. Disney want's people to come and stay longer, not discourage them.

The water parks for the most part empty out in the afternoon. This will bring people to the water parks have them spend money on food, drinks, towel and locket rentals (you have no room safe at that point) as well as slower housekeeping. Change as many times as you want.
I was at TL last year late in the afternoon and we could walk on anything... the park was empty. That was a big change as we usually go when they open for the first hour most things are short lines but around 11 the parks start to fill up and the waits are long.

The water parks for the most part empty out in the afternoon. This will bring people to the water parks have them spend money on food, drinks, towel and locket rentals (you have no room safe at that point) as well as slower housekeeping. Change as many times as you want.
I was at TL last year late in the afternoon and we could walk on anything... the park was empty. That was a big change as we usually go when they open for the first hour most things are short lines but around 11 the parks start to fill up and the waits are long.
Oh lawd, only possibly split would be just once for us. No more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter