Will Disney After Hours be extended?

I really doubt it, I think this was a test to see what the market would bare for the fall party ticket prices combined with an experiment in crowd size to see what the parties should be. Once the party prices came out and this wasn't extended this theory came into my mind.

don't get me wrong, I would love to do it again in a few months.

edit to add:

I do wonder if we'll see variations of these early/late exclusive hours for new lands and attractions opening up over the coming years.

Last edited:
Washington was 3-8-1 in battles...

Hopefully this was Trenton and Yorktown is coming against King Iger III

Darn, I had hopes they would extend and the price would be $75 or maybe $99. I think it would sell out if they would price it there and give it a chance to get going. But I'm a counselor not a Disney exec so whatever:smooth:

Darn, I had hopes they would extend and the price would be $75 or maybe $99. I think it would sell out if they would price it there and give it a chance to get going. But I'm a counselor not a Disney exec so whatever:smooth:

No offense...but I'm glad you're not a Disney exec.

They just shortened a normal operating day and were charging a hefty price for the fringes...that is the deal here.

What's next? 2 hour wristbands for entry like Morey's Pier in Wildwood, NJ?

I would not be shocked if morning continues and evening goes away. Didn't all the mornings sell out?

No offense...but I'm glad you're not a Disney exec.

They just shortened a normal operating day and were charging a hefty price for the fringes...that is the deal here.

What's next? 2 hour wristbands for entry like Morey's Pier in Wildwood, NJ?

No offense taken, I'm not a regular and if I was I would feel exactly the way you do. But this is only our second trip in 10 years and we probably won't be back so I would pay to have MK uncrowded, totally worth it for me. Actually, probably would have paid the $149. We are going to stick to Universal from now on. This early June trip has been
very frustrating to plan and while I'm sure we will have a great time I will not be giving Disney anymore of my vacation dollars. I 'm very aware that they will continue to survive without my $$ and couldn't care less about losing my business but I don't like how it felt planning this trip. I do wish for everyone else though that Disney would get it together.

I would not be shocked if morning continues and evening goes away. Didn't all the mornings sell out?

it's also more family friendly. I would have taken my daughter to the morning for some rides and a breakfast before others when she was younger and couldn't be up late. I love this attraction breakfast idea and hope to see it in other parks and extended.. I would do an AK breakfast with kali, everest and maybe dinosaur or a pandora breakfast when that comes out (if I like the rides)

I can sorta see the breakfast because at least you get something for it. The night thing is ripping off tired, overbaked tourists...to be honest

I can sorta see the breakfast because at least you get something for it. The night thing is ripping off tired, overbaked tourists...to be honest

Ouch:(
I would not consider myself a tired, overbaked tourist. Just one that would enjoy the MK much more without masses of people and has worked hard enough and is fortunate enough to afford to make it happen if given the opportunity.

Ouch:(
I would not consider myself a tired, overbaked tourist. Just one that would enjoy the MK much more without masses of people and has worked hard enough and is fortunate enough to afford to make it happen if given the opportunity.

That is a reflection of Disneys failure to adequately add enough to do to manage their crowds...

They shouldn't be awarded with more cash.

And by "overbaked"...I mean charging $150 to overtired bodies that have been out in 90+ degree weather...many of whom shoudnt be running to space mountain at 11:45pm

One thing that is always the case at WDW is that tourists push too hard/expect too much. Beyond physical reason.

That is a reflection of Disneys failure to adequately add enough to do to manage their crowds...

They shouldn't be awarded with more cash.

And by "overbaked"...I mean charging $150 go overtired bodies that have been out in 90+ degree weather...many of whom shoudnt be running to space mountain at 11:45pm

One thing that is always the case at WDW is that tourists push too hard/expect too much. Beyond physical reason.

I agree with that, it is very much a reflection of their failure to manage crowds. I said in my earlier post that I won't be giving Disney anymore of my vacation dollars because I dislike the fact that I was put in a position where I felt like I had to shell out more money to have a decent chance to enjoy the parks. If you go often you can make a stand that it shouldn't be rewarded with more cash. But I don't feel I have that option. Maybe enough people like me will stop going and that will help. I hope so.

The morning reports I read didn't seem to indicate anything close to a sellout.

I think the evenings were a better deal than the mornings (even though that isn't saying much, given the high price) because the morning price was in addition to paid park tickets, and the evening price was instead of tickets (and therefore a decent deal for a short-term, infrequent guest). The morning event only included 3 attractions for about one exclusive hour of touring, while the evening event let park guests in at 4pm, and also provided 3 exclusive hours of touring with most of the park attractions available. A much bigger return on one's investment for the evening event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter