Will difference in square footage of Poly rooms matter?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jalaine, Mar 19, 2013.

1. jalaine

jalaine Mouseketeer

We've always stayed in one of the newer longhouses at the Poly, so have only had the larger rooms. I *think* they're larger by about 50 square feet???

For this trip, I was thinking of something closer to the quiet pool, but with Tokelau under refurb. during our stay, I think the only other one that would be done is Samoa (or maybe Raratonga) and I know those have the smaller rooms. There are 5 of us: 2 adults and 3 kids, 13, 10, and 7. Would having the smaller room really make us feel more cramped??? If it will, I'll just change our room request to Rapa Nui again I guess. We're arriving April 26, so right now I have Raratonga requested, but I don't think it's going to be done with the refurb by then :(

Just can't visualize what the smaller rooms would look like...

Thanks!

2. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

We stayed as a family of 4 in Raratonga first. Then dd and I went on a mom n me trip and got Tokelau and I was surprised how much bigger the room felt. The next family trip I requested a larger room and you really need it with that many people. The main area of extra space was instead of a lounge chair there was that and another chair and extra walking space by sliding door/balcony/patio.
    If your family prefers and area over space however than it just doesn't matter!
    Poly will be fun either way so enjoy!