• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will DH like Disney Cruise?

eblack0409

DIS Veteran
I would love to take DH on a Disney Cruise in October 2006....he's never been on a cruise before, so I am afraid he won't like it....or wish we would have been to the parks????

I have been on a Disney cruise before and they are so awesome.....but will a Disney fanatic who's only been to the parks go for a Disney Cruise???

HELP :confused3

My husband LOVED our Disney cruise. He had only been to the parks also. But in 2000 we took our first Disney Cruise. It was his first cruise all together and my first Disney Cruise (but my 3rd all around cruise). :boat:
My DH is not a huge Disney fan (don't ask me how we have remained married for 10 years with that being true and me LOVING all things Disney). But he doesn't "hate" Disney either and doesn't get annoyed when everything is all things Disney (at least he has learned that much from me) :earboy2: .

All of that said, he LOVED the cruise. He loved the rotating dinners. He loved the service. He loved the grand scale of the ship. He loved the islands (we went to St. Thomas and St.Martin and Castaway Cay) and he loved the snorkeling we did on the islands. We are planning our next Disney cruise this coming September 2006! Both of us feel that 6 years between Disney Cruises is WAY too long! :hourglass

All of that said, that is how my husband reacted. If your DH is looking for rides and that is his main Disney draw he might not enjoy it as much. Other than the rides, I think most of the Disney magic does translate from land to ship very well! pirate:

We did our first cruise last Jan and my DH loved it. He loved the shows and the restaurant decor. He does love Disney though! Cruise # 2 in April 2006.

I have been cruising since the late 70's. My DH loves Disney and always enjoyed going to the parks. We took his parents on their first cruise (and my DH's first as well) back in 1999. He loved it and has been hooked on cruising ever since!

Since neither I nor my husband has been on a cruise I went ahead and booked one for 2/2007. We are doing a 4 day cruise plus 5 days at the parks. We intend to go on a huge cruise in 2008 to Alaska to celebrate our 25 wedding anniversary and I figured we better try a shorter cruise before we do this 10 day cruise so what better choice but a Disney cruise. I have no idea what to even expect from cruising but all I can say is that I am so excited! I am more excited about doing this cruise in 2007 then I am with our 10 day vacation to Disney/Universal in 3/2006. I say book one and take him.

My whole family loves all things Disney but I was note sure about a cruise since I like to have things to do on vacation and DW is content laying in the sun and reading. We went on the 3 day following a stay at WDW and had a great time. There is something to do for everyone and DS loved the club so we even had some alone time. We booked a 4 day for the following year when we were aboard the ship and have since been on 2 7 day western trips on the Magic and will be on our first 7 day eastern next Easter. I would say chances are your DH would have a great time.

John

I am interviewing with a pharmaceutical company now and if I get the job, then I am going to take him to Disney for Christmas....if not, then we are going on the cruise....I would rather be at Disney during Christmas next year, then take the Disney cruise for our second wedding anniversary in 2007!

DH has said he doesn't care whether it's on land or on a ship...it's DISNEY!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter