Will call?

Stitch's Greatest Fa

DIS Veteran
i don't know why this has never occurred to me before but just wanted to check. I bought tickets separate to hotel. I linked tickets to MDE with the barcode on the ticket, I am receiving magic bands at the Grand Floridian, it is all linked even tho not bought as a complete package. I don't need to take the ticket to will call do I, it is automatically linked to my band through MDE.

We get a second band also linked at our second resort, this also will have the same ticket details etc? Am I right?

Thanks guys x

Hi

I've not done what youre doing however my understanding is that any magic band that's registered to a person is just a way of telling the Disney system who you are and what you've bought, booked and where you've been. So as long as all your bookings, ADRs and tickets etc are registered to you (and everyone else) on MDE you're set.

As for going to will call my experience says that even if you have everything linked on MDE you still go to will call on the first day.

You only need one magic band per person

Regards

Paul

Last edited:
I have done the same thing as you. I wasn't sure if I had to go to will call still (as the tickets say) or if getting my magic band is enough. I figured I'd ask when I got my magic band at the resort.

Nope you shouldn't need to take anything to will call as long as it's all linked to your MDE account which it sounds like it is.

You might only NEED one Magic Band but personally I like that I get to choose multiple colours in the morning (yes they do match my outfit) so when you check in at your new resort your new band will be activated by the CM and then they can also reset (not sure this is the right word) your first band to make sure that both open the doors to your hotel room. No information is actually stored on the Magic Band, it just links back to your MDE account which has all the ticket/hotel/FPs/ADRs on it

2 scenarios :

1. your stay starts with your check in at Grand Floridian, you don't intend on going to any park before you actually check in.

in this scenario
- Tickets are linked to the same MDX account as the hotel reservation
- Tickets are assigned to each guest on the hotel reservation

Then you don't have to visit Will Call. The Magic Bands you'll receive will access the tickets listed under each party member on the hotel reservation.

2. You will visit at least one park before actually checking in at Grand Floridian

in this scenario you won't have a magic band yet for your park visits, until you check in. So you'll need to visit Will Call to get actual tickets. And as soon as you get the magic bands, you can either use the tickets (credit card format) or the magic bands. (both card and band will essentially be clones of one another)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter