Will Boma be a bomb?

MollysNeeNee

Earning My Ears
Taking some very picky eaters to Boma's @ AKL...mostly to see the view at the Lodge. Will picky eaters (american meat & potato types) find happiness at Boma's dinner buffer?:rolleyes:

Maybe yes, maybe no. There are selections that are more familiar, mac and cheese, chicken fingers, spaghetti and meatballs on the buffet. There is always prime rib and roasted chicken. I took a very fussy eater (adult) to Boma's and ended up wishing I hadn't . The excuse used was that once the fuss pot had tasted something that was a little too strong it stayed on the palate and ruined the taste of everything else. :rolleyes:

So, it depends upon how fussy your guests are. I honestly believed there would be enough standard fare to suite anyone, but I was obviously mistaken.

We have eaten at Bomas dinner buffet many times and have always loved it. I know some people say they don't like the food but we enjoy the variety. I would not hesitate to take picky eaters there. You could run into a problem with picky eaters at any restaurant at WDW or elsewhere! At least at a buffet they will have variety!

DH is a very picky eater. He does not like to try new foods. I can't even get him to try Chinese. He believes every meal should have meat and potatoes.

We ate at Boma twice on the last visit, once for breakfast and once for dinner. We're scheduled to go back to WDW in a couple weeks. He asked if we were going to that "African" restaurant again. I told him I'd made priority seatings. He told me good, because he liked it.

Granted he mainly at the prime rib and other meats (maybe pork loin or chicken something), a salad, potatoes, and a couple other non-threatening dishes, he was willing to try the new foods. He even drank the juice combination for breakfast. Wasn't orange juice, maybe mango and some other stuff.

Personally, I loved Boma and would eat there anytime. The dessert bar is incredible. Is there a way you can walk through and see the buffet before deciding? That might help you make a decision.

Hope that helped...

We didn't care too much for it, but I know many do. We were able to find things we liked...I tried about everything, but didn't care for much, but I was recovering from a cold. My girls found enough to eat, but overall, I don't think we got our money's worth. I don't think we'd go back. If you're just wanting to see the lodge, try Mara for a burger or pizza & save your $$.

I would fit both descriptions - a "meat & 'taters" person and a picky eater. And I would have to say that my family and I LOVE Boma - it's one of our favorite restaurants at WDW now. We tried it on our last trip and ended up eating there twice during that trip, with my wife definitely dropping hints about eating there again next trip.
:rolleyes:

P.S. ; Save room for the desert bar ! Ooohhhhh , Zebra Domes , Mmmmmmmmm :p :p

thank you all for your comments....I truly do appreciate....but as my grandau Molly would say....Ahhsewcunfoosed!!! Maybe I'll throw the decision to the crowd (and get the total blame off me, in case they don't like it ...snicker,snicker:jester: )

I think you should try it. Chances are good your family will find plenty of foods they like!

I'm here to say that I took a big group to Boma and they hated it. There were VERY picky eater's in the group and they were so very unhappy. But then again my aunt is so picky that she drove my DD crazy. She want us to eat by ourselves so we could get away from the hamburgers and chicken nuggets. Amazing but my aunt found fault with marinated steak and a hot dog. And she hated the chicken strips at Boma off the children's menu. We canceled our PS's at Ohana's because she thought that the menu was too exotic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter