Will Big Thunder Mountain Be Open For Very Merry Christmas Party on November 18th?

Boomerdog

Mouseketeer
What are the chances that Big Thunder Mountain will open up for the Very Merry Christmas party on the 18th of November? I Know it is probably way too early to answer this question but hoping someone has some sort of insight or idea. The refurbishment is scheduled to end on the 18th, so I assume that means it will open on the 19th. But could they open it that night? Or finish early?

What are the chances that Big Thunder Mountain will open up for the Very Merry Christmas party on the 18th of November? I Know it is probably way too early to answer this question but hoping someone has some sort of insight or idea. The refurbishment is scheduled to end on the 18th, so I assume that means it will open on the 19th. But could they open it that night? Or finish early?

There's always a chance that they will finish early. Personally, I would expect it to be closed, and if it's actually open, that's just more Disney magic for my trip! In other words, don't plan on it being open, but hope for some pixie dust.

We'll keep an eye out. We have annual passes and go pretty regularly. We just went this past weekend and it looks like they still have a lot of work
to do!

We are going on the 19th. Earlier this week couldn't get fast passes Big Thunder Mountain. Looked today for the 23rd and they were available. Since we have our fast passes scheduled for Saturday the 19th already we didn't want to check to see if they opened for that day without losing what we already have. Has anyone been able to get fast passes for Saturday Nov. 19th or any other day up before the 23rd?

Do they have soft openings after refurbs? I am going to be at the party on the 10th and would LOVE to ride it at night. I am not planning on it though. I have come to terms with it being closed, but part of me is still hoping for some magic!

We are going on the 19th. Earlier this week couldn't get fast passes Big Thunder Mountain. Looked today for the 23rd and they were available. Since we have our fast passes scheduled for Saturday the 19th already we didn't want to check to see if they opened for that day without losing what we already have. Has anyone been able to get fast passes for Saturday Nov. 19th or any other day up before the 23rd?
I booked my FP's yesterday and couldn't get BTMRR for the 19th but did get it for the 22nd.

You would not "lose" anything if you just check. They only swap out if you actually hit confirm at the end.

Our trip is for Nov. 18-23 and the only day I was able to secure a FP was 23.

I was wondering the same thing ... were FP available for 18 to 22 and they were all scooped up?
Or perhaps there is a "cushion" after a refurb where they don't allow FP ... you know, just in case something is delayed, etc. and they would have less of a guest relations concern with unusable FPs?

I booked at 7am on Monday for Nov 18. BTMRR was not available.

Our trip is for Nov. 18-23 and the only day I was able to secure a FP was 23.

I was wondering the same thing ... were FP available for 18 to 22 and they were all scooped up?
Or perhaps there is a "cushion" after a refurb where they don't allow FP ... you know, just in case something is delayed, etc. and they would have less of a guest relations concern with unusable FPs?

I do not know if this is true or not, but I am hoping you are right in your theory. Give a couple day window, just in case. I assume, if they knew they were behind, they would adjust the renovation dates accordingly. But, no, all of the fastpass were not scooped up, they were never available. I was on 64 days ahead, as my trip starts the 15th, and there were zero. Not even Frozen fills up that fast.

Just checked to see if I could modify my MK FP's for Nov 21st and BTM is not available. (I checked the 19th too) The 21st is our last day in the parks... Hoping we will be able to ride it at rope drop before we leave!

:tink:Maybe a bit more pixie dust could help.....I am hitting the MMVCP on the 8th and holding onto a thread of hope that they could start opening it when the Christmas parties begin.....I read an old post elsewhere that reported the Haunted Mansion opened ahead of a refurb a few years ago 2 WEEKS EARLY!!! So I am not ruling it out.....even if they still have a lot to do, that is 5 weeks away.....:D

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes long, it appears they are doing major changes to the exit area (which the original refurb dates mentioned). I'll be at MK tomorrow and will make a point to hit some spots where you can see into it like tom sawyers island for photos.

What you can easily see (they used really high walls), is just normal scaffolding and paint work on the whole thing.

I saw some yesterday he posted on another thread.. check the Rumors forum maybe?

I'm like you.. MVMCP on the 8th and hoping for a miracle!

Thanks so much Angeliki19.....will look for his posts and ponder.....think since they are taking the MSEP away before trip....its the least they can do for us!:earsboy: I have never been there without riding my favorite ride and it sure will be frustrating especially if the scaffolding etc appears to be gone and it remains shut for details unknown....:tink: More pixie dust needed.....::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter