• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Will Backstage Magic trip End anytime soon?

Jupiter&Wolfe

Disney is for Gwown Ups
I have never done an ABD trip, honestly I've never even remotely considered it. I come from a family of travelers and outside of Disney trips, we tend to freestyle it and like to plan things ourselves. Also no children in my family or friend group at this point, so it never seemed necessary.

...Until I discovered the Backstage Magic tour. I stumbled upon it totally by accident a few days ago, I honestly don't even remember how. But I'm obsessed now! It would be such a dream come true to tour the Walt Disney Studios AND the Jim Henson studios. I wasn't sure if I would ever get to see them, and now I see there is an opportunity! For a premium price of course.

I already have a WDW trip planned for November and will be spending most of my "fun" savings on that. No regrets, I am so excited about it! But I just have to know... how long has this tour been going on? How often do they change the trip offerings at ABD? If I were to do this, I would need at LEAST a couple years to save up, and I know I also speak for the folks who would want to join me. I'm talking 2-4 years. Is there a chance this won't be offered in the near future? I saw they have bookings going out to 2018, but I'm nowhere near ready to book yet. I could probably reserve a future date by 2018 if I could put a down payment and didn't have to pay upfront.

I know it sounds crazy to think this far ahead, but I would do anything to have this opportunity! Any info would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

According to my catalogs (I have 2006 to the present, but 2006 is missing in action) they've been doing the Backstage Magic trip since 2008. It seems to be one of their more popular trips if you look at the number of departures. I really don't think you have to worry about this trip going away. They usually only get rid of trips that aren't selling, or that get logistically too difficult to maintain. Since the stuff on this trip is mostly Disney owned, logistics aren't that difficult.

You do put a down payment when you make a reservation (which is non-refundable after 14 days). You don't pay the rest until 120 days prior to your trip.

Sayhello

Last edited:
BSM is a very popular adventure. I don't see them canceling or significantly changing it any time soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter