Will Avatarland open with two premier rides or one?

Tinker mouse

Earning My Ears
When reading about Avatarland's opening in 2017, it sounded like they will have all of the shops and restaurants in place with a boat ride open. I have only been seeing the boat ride concept art so far, but as I understand it, there was also a flying ride in the works. Is that coming later than the 2017 opening?

The current rumor is the flying ride will open in spring of 17 with Pandora.
The boat ride will open approx. 18 months later (to try to get two trips out of people.)

Both rides are supposed to open together. There has been a new rumor that there will be a third attraction that is not necessarily a ride.

I expected it would be a staggered opening like New Fantasyland, but I don't believe that worked out very well and led to guest expectations being too high for the 7DMT. I think it makes more sense to open it at once, but it probably depends on how construction goes in the next year or so.

I think both rides will open together. They are both in the same building...it seems unlikely they would stagger this...it would not likely get two trips out of people, but instead get people to delay their trips.

I think Pandora will open all at once in order to make AK a truly night time experience. I think it won't be the same for Star Wars Land or whatever goes into DHS' overhaul.

it will open all at once...the staggered openings are old rumors...two (possibly 3) rides all at once

I expected it would be a staggered opening like New Fantasyland, but I don't believe that worked out very well and led to guest expectations being too high for the 7DMT. I think it makes more sense to open it at once, but it probably depends on how construction goes in the next year or so.

I think the too high expectations might have been from touting a 760,000,000 renovation that came in at a reported 425,000,000...

And half of that was the bathrooms next to gastons ;)

I think both rides will open together. They are both in the same building...it seems unlikely they would stagger this...it would not likely get two trips out of people, but instead get people to delay their trips.
Well the boat ride is supposed to use part of the banshee ride building but both will not be entirely in the same building. The boat ride is supposed to go outside.

Is the boat ride supposed to lean more towards Pirates/Small World boat rides or Jungle Cruise if it goes outdoors?

Is the boat ride supposed to lean more towards Pirates/Small World boat rides or Jungle Cruise if it goes outdoors?
That's uncertain. It's partially indoors and outdoors. The ride is supposed to go through the bioluminescent forest.

Both rides, for now, are opening together unless something changes financially. Unlike NFL this isn't using very popular Disney IPs to draw people in. With NFL they could get away with "Hey the amazing classic Dumbo area is open now, but Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid comes later! People were willing to come back to see their classic stories come to life. Although the effect didn't work like they planned as the attendance boost wasn't felt until 2/3 of the land was open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter