• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will any more FD rooms open up?

kerri124

Earning My Ears
We usually stay at a deluxe or a moderate. None of the moderates have anything open for free dining for our dates. I am trying to keep it cost effective because my inlaws are coming on this trip too. Separate room from us though. They want us all to be at the same resort and they refuse to pay deluxe prices. Our only option left to get the free dining was the All-Star Music family suite for my family, regular room for them so I booked it. I've never stayed at a value resort before and am afraid we will be disappointed. I keep checking multiple times a day for one of the moderates to open up but no luck. What are the chances more rooms will open up for the free dining? Thanks.

Not so good if you want them with you. Values are fun and Disney. Makes sure you upgrade your dining plan if you stay value. You will be stuck with the QS D D P if you don't.

We love the quick service dining plan. We don't want to waste 1-1/2 to 2 hrs a day on table service. We pay OOP for 1 character meal and we have a lot of flexibility the other days. There maybe more free dining open up tomorrow (Monday) for those who held a reservation but did not make the deposit, I read on another thread. Good luck for what you want!

Thanks guys.. I guess I will just keep checking and see if anything pops up. I did upgrade up to regular dining when I booked. We usually do the Deluxe dining plan but again witht he inlaws trying to keep it a little more cost effective for them this trip.

Although I dont know your dates, just this morning I saw a CBR resort open up with free dining. Its now gone I'm sure but I did see it so I would just keep checking on and off throughout the day. :-)

I feel like when the fall room discounts are released some of the people with FD will find bigger discounts in that and switch. But keep watching. People are forever changing their minds and rooms will open up because of it.

~Cari~ pluto:

Keep checking, there is a good chance someone will cancel. I couldn't get the exact dates I wanted or the resort but I kept checking and was able to get the dates and the resort with free dining.

I am seeing lots open up! I have been checking for CBR since day 1 of fd and my dates opened up last night for any room category. Tonight I see all resorts have fd room for my dates.

I had a 4 night res at Pop with FD because that was all I could get the first few days. Then I made a three night RO res in same category room so I would not have to move. I just checked a little while ago and found a 7 night Pop with FD for my exact dates. I called right away and was able to modify the FD res and cancel the RO res. I am so happy - It pays to stalk the reservation page!

POP just had some open up. I was able to switch my reservation from Music to standard room at Pop for October yesterday.

Pop had all categories available this morning for the end of October. I was able to switch from standard to preferred. The system was glitchy for both me and the CM but we were able to get it done.

I am hoping that some more rooms will open up for the first few days of October. My niece is trying to get FD for her family of 5 in a moderate from Oct 2-13. She doesn't have the option to change dates as the kids have a school break at that time.

Last edited:
We love the quick service dining plan. We don't want to waste 1-1/2 to 2 hrs a day on table service. We pay OOP for 1 character meal and we have a lot of flexibility the other days. There maybe more free dining open up tomorrow (Monday) for those who held a reservation but did not make the deposit, I read on another thread. Good luck for what you want!
No idea where you have eaten, but TS meals do not take 1.5 - 2 hours. Even Teppan Edo, which is a performance meal (teppanyaki), doesn't even take that long, yes including waiting to be seated etc.

Original Poster - I heard that a block of rooms at CSR was released ...

More rooms open at AOA for my dates! I was able to switch from Lion King to Nemo…which is what I wanted originally :)

I originally had Pop but had to change to ASSp when I changed my dates due to plane tickets. I checked today for giggles and they had Pop available for my dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter