Will a Poly Lover like Wilderness Lodge?

Hello! I'm a Poly vet who visited WL for the first time last year, so I thought I'd chime in.

The accommodations at WL were fantastic. Appliances were new and well maintained, everything was clean, and the staff was attentive. There are a few ways WL outweighs Poly and vice versa.

First of all, you will never understand the value of being on the monorail line until you aren't! The boats are slower and there's longer wait times. If you're rushing to get to an ADR or rope drop at a park, this could be a problem.

Being off the beaten path is also a benefit. The Poly is full of shoppers and diners, whereas everyone at WL is, for the most part, staying there. None of the rooms are noisy.

There are more options for rooms with nice views. I opt for the less expensive woods view over the courtyard because I prefer the view of Bay Lake over the view of the pool. You won't be able to view the fireworks unobstructed without a little pixie dust, though. NO hotel's view compares to the theme park views at the Poly, IMO. However, those rooms are limited and expensive.

Lastly, and maybe this is just me, but the guests are much nicer. I've encountered some snooty folks when staying at the poly or GF. Maybe it's just me.

Overall, I'd say try WL. The accommodations are just as luxurious, plus the building is a bit newer and doesn't look as old as the Poly is starting to look (unfortunately). And the price difference is huge!

Hope that helps!

Will a Poly Lover like Wilderness Lodge?
Good question ... I know this Wilderness Lodge Lover does not like the Poly :rolleyes2
IMO, It's all a matter of theming preference. We almost always do split stays so that we can try something new as well as our favorites all in the trip.

My family and i went to wdw for the first time last december and stayed at the Poly , fell completely and madly in love with it. We made a visit to the wilderness lodge during the trip and thought it looked nice and cozy.
We are planing to go again this year and im considering a split stay at poly and WL but i keep feeling like i dont want to even miss 1 night at the poly.
Will i regret using a couple nights to stay at the WL?

OP! Thanks for posting this! I'm in the same situation right now....Poly lover, but considering the WL for the first time. I could have written this myself!!

Thank you to all that replied.

My situation is a bit different. My DH does not want to do a split stay (although that would totally make this so much easier for me!), so our 10-night stay needs to be at either my beloved Poly or WL.

I've always loved the look & ambiance of WL & have booked it a few times, only to get cold feet & change back to the Poly. I'm certain I will love the WL, but am worried :rolleyes: about missing the Poly...and even more afraid if I went to visit the Poly, I may not make it back to WL. Hahaha

The new Visa discount (20% off at Poly or 30% at WL/Free Dining) for my Sept dates isn't helping matters...it's so much less expensive to stay at WL...but again, will I miss my nearly nightly Dole Whip?! (YES!) ;)

Normally we would be returning each year, so this wouldn't be as big of a deal, but it may be a few years until we return so that's another notch on the Poly side....

Oh the problem of picking a resort at DISNEY WORLD!:rotfl2:

My DH does not want to do a split stay (although that would totally make this so much easier for me!), so our 10-night stay needs to be at either my beloved Poly or WL.

Too bad :confused3 ... Split stays can be really fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter