Will a 6 year old fit in a rental stroller?

twinspluscade

DIS Veteran
Since we've got a Disney Visa, we're planning on getting the two free stroller rentals (you can get up to two,right?).

Our 4 year old will use one, and the other one will be for my daughters--who will turn 6 shortly before our trip--to take turns riding in.

Will a 6 year old fit comforably in the stroller? Both are about 46 inches tall, and weigh about 45 pounds currently. What's the max weight the rental stroller can hold?

Yes!
They are large enough that even as a grown adult, I've been tempted to climb in one a time or two!;)

I agree, the strollers are large. Our DS (who is now 13 and a giant :rotfl: ) took a rest in one when he was 10. DS 10 and DS 10 shared a double when they were 7, and we still had room to put jackets in with them. :goodvibes

Oh yea, you shouldnt have any problems, they are very ample in size!

So I am not the only one who wants to put there little one in a stroller. mine is 5 but tends to run off. so I am going to get a stroller to! whats the cost of one these days?

We put our 7 & 5 year old girls in them just to extend our time and so we can pace a little faster if we like.Since we know we can last longer than they it works good.

Here is what the strollers look like. I'm trying to remember which trip this was, and how old the kids were. I think it was two years ago, which would have made them 4 and almost 7 (almost 8). The older one doesnt typically ride in a stroller, but was tired after a few very long days in the park.

IMG_1441.jpg

I'm tempted to get one for DS, we'll have to be up no later than 4 am (flying ~ arriving at LGB @ 7 am CA time) on our departure day and even though we'll definitely take a mid day break we hope to stay at DL till park closing ~ midnight (1 am for us). This will happen on day one of our trip ~ which also happens to be DS's 8th B~day ~ the rest of our days the park is only open till 10pm and we won't be waking up at 4 am either ~ he'll be fine. We'll bring a stroller from home for DD. I'll have my dad and step mom with me so it wouldn't be a problem pushing him around. I wonder if they'll run out quickly (4/20) or if we could pick one up when we return from our mid day break???

I'm tempted to get one for DS, we'll have to be up no later than 4 am (flying ~ arriving at LGB @ 7 am CA time) on our departure day and even though we'll definitely take a mid day break we hope to stay at DL till park closing ~ midnight (1 am for us). This will happen on day one of our trip ~ which also happens to be DS's 8th B~day ~ the rest of our days the park is only open till 10pm and we won't be waking up at 4 am either ~ he'll be fine. We'll bring a stroller from home for DD. I'll have my dad and step mom with me so it wouldn't be a problem pushing him around. I wonder if they'll run out quickly (4/20) or if we could pick one up when we return from our mid day break???

We got one for our almost 6-year old when we were there 2 weeks ago. She's a trooper but it gets so hard on little legs. She is very big for her age, 48 inches and 57 lbs, but fit just fine. We were there on a ridiculously busy week; I don't think they generally run out.

If you leave the park and come back later, you have to leave your stroller at the security stations because you can't take them out of the esplanade. You can keep your receipt and they will give you another one. But, most people leaving the park just leave them right there at the security stations (or in DCA, next to the Grand Californian entrance). So if you are coming back later in the day, you don't have to go to the rental place and pick up another one. Just grab an abandoned one from the flock over by the security stations on the way in. That's what we did.

We don't have a DisVisa. Is it worth getting one for the free strollers? (Being a cheapie here.) We'll only be there 3 days, but have a 5y and 3.5y..so I'm thinking we'll need them.

We don't own one at home anymore. Sold my double last summer. I was thinking of maybe getting a cheapie umbrella for the airports anyways...but DS 5 will be too big.

Sooo do I get the Dis Visa? Is there an annual fee?

TIA!

A wee bit of advice reguarding "cheapie" umbrella strollers ~ they can be short, I'm talkin' they look like doll strollers. The Jeep umbrella stroller (available at several stores) ~ http://www.amazon.com/Kolcraft-Wran...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1207776826&sr=8-5 seems decent, I do prefer strollers with a 5 pt harness ~ a bit more difficult to wiggle out of. I love my Maclaren Volo ~ not exactly cheap ($75 and up) it does have a higher than normal weight limit 55 lbs or so, it works great for us at DLR ~ DD is 4 yrs 9 mos, we'll be taking it with us in 11 days!

We brought our "cheapie" umbrella stroller, but the DD5, while still fitting in it, was too big weight-wise. One of the wheels was waggling dangerously, and it was like pushing that thing uphill all the way. We rented one of the park strollers the next day and it rolled like a dream.

Thanks! We never had one of those umbrellas. Our sons are 17 months apart so we went right to a double. They are pretty good at walking..but I doubt they'll make it at Dis...plus..you know how sloooooow kids can be. ;)

I guess we'll just rent. Benefits of the Dis visa..other than the stroller rentals. DH says no..but I'm thinking it will give us incentive to go to Dis more often. Always looking for an angle. :lmao:

A wee bit of advice reguarding "cheapie" umbrella strollers ~ they can be short, I'm talkin' they look like doll strollers. The Jeep umbrella stroller (available at several stores)

I second this. Our first "cheapie" stroller was horrible. We now have a Jeep umbrella stroller and, although it is nothing special, I can push it without being hunched over.

Disney Visa--
No annual fee
1% back on purchases in the form of disney dollars that can be used at the parks, disney hotels, stores, etc.
Free stroller rental
Visa Character meet and greet (this may be WDW)

Disney Visa does not have an annual fee.We use it to save the 18/20 per day for stroller.60 bucks is 60 bucks.Worth it for us :) You also get meal discounts at certain restaurants in DL 10% at Red Rockets is what we use it for also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter