Wilderness Loge Question

TENJM

Earning My Ears
Hello! I am getting a bit nervous. :eek: We are staying at the WL in December...Booked it over a year ago....Last chance to stay there. We are a family of 5 with 2 boys 10 & 7 and a daughter 2. Is there going to be enough room for all of us? We are in a standard room...that was all we could afford. Obviously we aren't going to be traveling light...does anyone have anything to calm my nerves...DH will wonder what I was thinking if don't have room for her pack-n-play? :confused3

Sorry spelled Lodge wrong......bit tired.

Look at it this way: WL rooms are slightly larger than most of the Moderate Resorts' rooms - I think CSR, POR and POFQ all are about 315 sf; WL is about 340, I think, about the same size as CBR rooms. Value Resorts' rooms are 260 sf. All of those resorts have 2 beds and allow the PNP. CSR even has queen beds like the WL in slightly less space. You'll be fine. And speaking from experience (both of my sons have made trips at ~18m and ~2.5y), you don't need as much stuff as you think you do!

Have a great trip! We're staying at WL in a standard room in 9 days. I'll let you know how it is! :)

Look at it this way: WL rooms are slightly larger than most of the Moderate Resorts' rooms - I think CSR, POR and POFQ all are about 315 sf; WL is about 340, I think, about the same size as CBR rooms. Value Resorts' rooms are 260 sf. All of those resorts have 2 beds and allow the PNP. CSR even has queen beds like the WL in slightly less space. You'll be fine. And speaking from experience (both of my sons have made trips at ~18m and ~2.5y), you don't need as much stuff as you think you do!

Have a great trip! We're staying at WL in a standard room in 9 days. I'll let you know how it is! :)

Thanks for the info....I hope you have a great trip! We have been waiting to go back for 4 years now....:scared1:
about the stuff I was thinking of the suitcases and stroller with the pack-n-play in the room...but I do tend to over pack. We are gone for 8 days this time and who has time for laundry? :laundy: Thanks and have fun

it's funny there was a laundry guy...just had to use him....

My wife and I, and two kids (ages 6 and 3) stayed in a standard room at the Lodge in August. We've always previously stayed in Villas so we were really concerned about being crowded. It was a little crowded, but we loved it. The Lodge really has a great atmoshpere. Plus, we found we were at the Parks so much that we really weren't in the room that much. You should have room for the pack and play, it probably will get in the way a little when you're all in the room getting ready to head out, but I don't think it will be a big problem. Plus, there's a bit of a bonus to being a little crowded. We've been to disney the last 5 years and are always so depressed when its time to leave. This year, having less space in our room, by the last night there my wife and I were both ready to check out and get back into our house. Sounds silly, but it made it a little easier for the trip to end. In short, we loved the Lodge and are definitely planning to stay in a standard room there again next year. I think you'll have a great time and really enjoy the Lodge. Have fun.

I'm not sure of your financial situation, but have you considered asking to pay for an upgrade to a deluxe room? Honestly, I have no idea how much those are in comparison to what you have as I've never looked to book one, but it was just a thought.

I just saw a post on here yesterday with pictures of the deluxe WL rooms and it was really nice - they had a separate room living room from the bedroom.

We have stayed in the Standard room, but did not need a PNP - it will probably by cozy, but you'll be fine.

It will be a little tight, but WL has such varied and wonderful public spaces we do not spend that much time in our room. The balconies help a lot also.

bookwormde

Our kids are approximately the same age as yours, and we've stayed at WL in bunk bed rooms twice. I think the bunk bed rooms are the same size as standard rooms (although I'm not positive.) We easily fit a toddler-size inflatable Disney Cars mattress in our room. We thought the amount of space was absolutely fine, especially given the limited amount of time we spent in the room. And if our youngest woke up early, one of us could wander the WL grounds with him - it was great!! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

You will have enough room as has been stated there is so much to do there. Since you have a standard room, put in a request to be on the MK side above the Whispering Canyon and you should be able to see the fireworks. Also in the main lobby there are 2 fireplaces that have leather furniture around it (floors 4 & 6) that you can relax at and it will be steps from your room. Have a great time!

It will be a little tight, but WL has such varied and wonderful public spaces we do not spend that much time in our room. The balconies help a lot also.

bookwormde

I agree with bookwormde. We had three adults and a 17 yr old, it was a little tight, when we were in the room it was nice to be out on the balcony. We did have very nice weather that helped. Enjoyed coffee and the paper in the morning out there and unwinding in the evening after a day in the park.

Thanks so much for all of your advice! :love:

Still cant believe I spelled lodge wrong....oh well itis easy to find this thread. LOL :rotfl2::dance3::rolleyes1

We stayed the Lodge 2 years ago in a standard room. I complained that the room was way too small for the price I was paying and they moved us to a deluxe room no extra charge on the next day and this was over thanksgiving week. I thinnk the rooms are small we usually stay at a moderate resort and get 2 rooms but opted for the deluxe resort. Also the swan and dolphin have great rates for teachers, nurses and military stayed there last year over thanksgiving for 127./night and was upgraded to a suite again as the air conditioner did not work in one of the rooms. We are staying at the Poly this year in 1 room suppose to be bigger rooms we will see.
Have a great time and eat at the whispering canyon very entertaining!

We stayed at WL twice while our daughter was small enough for the pack-n-play. We wedged it in the corner of the room between the bed & wall by the sliding glass door. That way we didn't have to get around it. Unpacked the suitcases & piled them in the closet. When we were in the room, I'd push the stroller in the closet to give us even more room. I think you'll be fine. and listen to everybody else - go out and enjoy the grounds if you're feeling confined!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter