Wilderness Lodge

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Klib624, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Klib624

Klib624 Earning My Ears

Should I ask for a specific section at WL when I book my room ? From what I've read on here there really isn't a bad room. I'm going through a TA and I need to give her my request. I know a request isn't a guarantee. We are still debating between Poly and will decide based on price.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Forensicmom

Forensicmom Mouseketeer

We stayed there last year for the first time and I asked that same question back then. I just searched for the post but couldn't find it. We requested a woods view in hopes of it being quite. It WAS and VERY pretty too. It overlooked a small pond. We also requested connecting rooms and got that too. The Disney reps assured us that because we had (4) children under 18, they guaranteed connecting rooms. I know I've heard differently on this site but when we booked our trip for this year at the Port Orleans, the assured us again.

We absolutely LOVED this resort and wanted to stay there this trip but we had to cut costs.

Also, when checking prices, the WL was the cheapest of the deluxe resorts.

4. macnodos

macnodos DIS FAN

Stayed there twice several years ago and always requested INNER COURTYARD ROOM. We were very fortunate both times and got request on fifth or sixth floors.

5. stargazertechie

stargazertechie Toy Story Midway Maniac

I can't remember the area, but there are several rooms that afford a nice view of the Electrical Water pageant from the balcony :)

6. pixieMandy

pixieMandy Mouseketeer

When we stayed at the WL this year, our travel agent put us in a woods view room, but we got a surprise free upgrade to inner courtyard. We LOVED it, location was great and the view was really nice.

7. Mammaz

Mammaz Mouseketeer

We asked for a lobby view room and loved it! Everything is close and it is nice to sit on the landing and watch people while drinking our coffee! Check out the hidden lounges!

8. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I've never seen the need to request a specific section at WL.

However you may want to think about what is important to you and how it affects your stay. Do you want to be near the lobby? Elevators? Busses? Restaurants? Or would you prefer to be in a quieter section of the resort?

9. firstwdw

firstwdw DIS Veteran

We wanted a quiet location. We were on the 4th floor right near the elevators. It was overlooking the pond- woods view. We saw Wishes from our room every night and it was very convenient to Roaring Forks quick service, boat launch and the pool- just a quick trip down the elevator. We loved our location! I think it was 4032. It really depends what you are looking for though. I'd go back to that room in a heartbeat!

10. pepe of ohio

pepe of ohio DIS Veteran

For us, we've stayed in both wings and WLV many times but really prefer, if push came to shove, north garden wing ...

It's further from the bus stop but closet to the boats and Roaring Fork... We can hop out the room, catch the elevator and refill at the Forks and be at the pool lickity split....

Not a fan of over the lobby, favorite is courtyard , inner, but like others said... Not a bad room in the house...even rooms over the service area aren't that bad.

11. pkf4bucs

pkf4bucs Mouseketeer

You said poo...... :rotfl2:

12. pepe of ohio

pepe of ohio DIS Veteran

Sorry, auto correct really wrecks havoc if you don't proof read.... Meant pool

13. Klib624

Klib624 Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for your info! We requested woods view! Fingers crossed that we will be able to see Wishes from our room and that we end up with a balcony! :goodvibes

14. pepe of ohio

pepe of ohio DIS Veteran

I believe all rooms have a balcony.... North wing might have a high view of some of wishes....monorail and CR plus the tress block the view of most of the fireworks....

Easy to boat over to CR and watch from one of the stairways outside !

15. DVC Kelly

DVC Kelly Mouseketeer Approved Advertiser

I've never put a specific room request for WL but have always been pleased with the room I've gotten.

16. AJKMOM

AJKMOM DIS Veteran

A friend stayed there in June and hated it. Make sure you ask for a room not near the construction.

17. partypa

partypa Mouseketeer

AJKMOM, what "construction" would that be ? I was at the WL two weeks ago and didn't notice any construction
    I agree with others, there really isn't a bad room anywhere at the WL :)

18. AJKMOM

AJKMOM DIS Veteran

I don't know, she said there was construction noise in June. Personally, I have never been to WL, but looking forward to 3 nights at VWL in March.:woohoo:

19. baldy6060

baldy6060 Mouseketeer

Do yourself a favor and request 5th or 6th floor. We booked a king room and got a handicap accessible room on the ground floor. It was noisy and our view was a sidewalk, shrubs and people's backs. Plus no bathtub & the room seemed like an expensive room at a Motel 6. We went to the desk and politely asked if we could get a room on a higher floor if we had a room w/ 2 queen beds instead. We ended up on 6th floor overlooking courtyard nearest the lake. I'll admit it was quite a hike from the room to our car but...Beautiful! Sitting on our balcony eating whatever we picked up in Main Street Bakery, people watching or seeing the geyser go off. Wonderful!

20. baldy6060

baldy6060 Mouseketeer

I was there in May & there was a major refurbishment project under way. Plenty of construction. I'm sure it lasted into June but they were nearing completion.

21. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

The complete room refurb ended in September. The new rooms are beautiful. :love: