Wilderness Lodge

pixiestick

TerraK
My family is taking a trip to disney in August. We are thinking about staying at Wilderness Lodge. I wus wondreing if you have stayed there could you plz tell me about it. I would really appreciate it.

We stayed here 2times. I loved the hotel however the rooms were very small.
I loved the lobby. The hotel was very nice, I would stay here again.

This is the only other hotel I've stayed in other than the Poly (my fave).
I didn't care for it as much. The rooms were quite cramped for my family of four.
The lobby is nice, but I don't know.. it's not very well themed. It just feels like a ski lodge, but nothing really special? Whereas the Poly feels like it could be in Hawaii, and there always seems to be something going on.

The pools theme isn't as cool either.

but it's sstill a very nice resort.

*bounces in*

Did someone say, WILDERNESS LODGE?! :D

My family has stayed at the Wilderness Lodge a total of 6 times and are going back again this Summer! It's my most favorite resort in the whole, entire world. ^__^

Yeah, but anyway! The rooms are definitely big enough for a family of three. My family (there are four of us) usually stay in a studio in the WLV (since we're DVC members and own there) and there it's like a bed and a pull-out couch. My sister and I sleep on the couch. :rolleyes:

But in the actual LODGE, I think you can get like, a normal bed and then bunk beds or a bunch of other combo's, depending on what kind of room you guys get, how much you want to spent, etc.

But really, the Wilderness Lodge is amazing. You walk into the lobby and they play this music and it's just like: "OK! I'm home!"

Some music they play in the lobby can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jSHzhvWxfA

And there's this restaurant there called the Whispering Canyon Café! And if you go there for lunch or dinner and ask for ketchup, they will seriously give you ALL the ketchup they have in the restaurant. ^___^

And they have pony races and Hidden Mickey hunts and...other amazing things!

You're like it. I promise. :thumbsup2

On our last trip we ate at Wisperring Canyon we loved it btw the ribs were great. Back on topic we loved the vib it gave off. disney dork i'm going to hold u to your promis. if u have any more information let me know.I'm not a hundred percent shure but i'm probaly bring a friend so

Ohhh!

There's something you guys need to do!

RIGHT AFTER YOU CHECK IN, ask about being the 'Flag Family'. If they have a day available while your there, you can sign up to go on the roof of the hotel and put the flags up:

168736602_BtEEr-M-1.jpg

That's my dad. ^__^

OMG we were the flag family too, in 2007. It was AMAZING! You should REALLY try it. you can see EVERYTHING.

Wilderness lodge is by far my most favorite hotel, ever. I'm wordless trying to describe it. I wish I could stay there again :-)

Wilderness Lodge is my favorite hotel! :love: They have great rooms and a fun atmosphere. They have a great restaurant, Whispering Cannon. It's so much fun (pass the ketchup anyone? lol.). Also, they have a boat to Magic Kingdom, which is cool! You will love the hotel!!

It's tied for my favorite WDW resort, with the Beach Club.

The Wilderness Lodge has amazing theming, and it's so cozy and welcoming.
I think the rooms are definetly big enough. I'm from a family of 6, so we use 2 rooms, but 3 fit in a room very easily and comfortably, as would 4.

There's a great energy and atmosphere there, and there's so much to do and explore.
I'd definitely recommend going there, you'll have an amazing time!

if yall love this hotel so much I must be missing somthing. is there anything else that i have absolutly got to do at wilderness lodge?:goodvibes

The lobby is absolutely beastly. There's a lot of good food places there. The only bad thing that I went through during my stay is that sometimes the buses make stops at Fort Wilderness which takes a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter