• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge - Who is in the dumpster room now?

KelleyGirl

Mouseketeer
I truly appreciate the magnitude of the danger of Hurricane Irma. I am worried for my friends and family and all in Florida at this time

But thinking of my experiences in Disney World....
We were there for Hurricane Charley. During the event was terrible. But as time passed, we appreciated the experience, the way Disney handled it. We saw the lines of utility repair trucks the day after. The people of Florida have my admiration for what they needed to live thru.

From a purely vacation point of view, if I was in Disney for Hurricane Irma, I would want to be on Disney property, and not offsite. Which made me think, where would I want to be....

I recently stayed in the "dumpster room" at the Villas of Wilderness Lodge. I would DEFINITELY not want to be there for a hurricane, for 48 hours of not being able to do anything else.

On the other hand, I also stayed at a 3 bedroom grand villa at Saratoga Springs - sitting there through a hurricane, if safe, would be amazing.

So, who is where? Prayers for a safe weekend ahead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter