Wilderness Lodge - Was our room typical?

No disrespect but I feel these are very minor complaints. I don't think they really qualify as a complaint but rather a dislike on your part. DVC rooms will never be "like your house". You are on vacation. There will be some thins you like and some you don't. I place more serious issues in the complaint category like flooding sinks and drains, bee nests on balconies, non working appliances, etc. See the difference ?

And that's why I didn't go to the Reservation desk and complain. I in fact didn't complain to DVC at all - because I consider it minor.

However, DW feels that the showers didn't work well for her, and if we have to choose a resort, she wants one she can take a comfortable shower in. I get that. So I am not asking DVC to change anything, but if ALL the rooms are like this, I know DW will never be happy at VWL. If our room was somewhat unique and most of the showers are more to her liking, i can probably talk her into giving it a second shot. So I am not disparaging the choice of a shower head so much as wondering if that was a design choice that all the units in VWL conform to, or did we just have a bum room?

Take into account that the future of my marriage may depend on your honest opinion! (no pressure though).

It would be wrong to assume that they have different shower heads in different rooms. They buy in bulk and install that way. Now, there could be a few exceptions if something has needed to be replaced but odds are that you had something normal for the resort.

Not suggesting you do this - but it IS something I did for years, on business trips, and often at the WL when on vacation....

Many hotels use ultra fancy shower heads. They are all Water restricting. The fancier? The less water.

I went to a local HW store, bought a cheap plastic shower head, drilled it OUT at the water choke point, and bought a cheap set of pliers.
I packed these in my travel bag.
EVERY time I ran into a Hotel with an "Ultra massaging you get no water" shower head? I used the pliers, unsrcewed it, put MY "drilled out non restricting head" ON,
enjoyed it for a week, and put THEIR "Ultra massaging you get no water" shower head BACK before checkout.

Yes, I am a very bad man :).

Not suggesting you do this - but it IS something I did for years, on business trips, and often at the WL when on vacation....

Many hotels use ultra fancy shower heads. They are all Water restricting. The fancier? The less water.

I went to a local HW store, bought a cheap plastic shower head, drilled it OUT at the water choke point, and bought a cheap set of pliers.
I packed these in my travel bag.
EVERY time I ran into a Hotel with an "Ultra massaging you get no water" shower head? I used the pliers, unsrcewed it, put MY "drilled out non restricting head" ON,
enjoyed it for a week, and put THEIR "Ultra massaging you get no water" shower head BACK before checkout.

Yes, I am a very bad man :).

At VWL we needed a handheld shower head which they came and installed. So, even they do it! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter