• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge vs. CSR

megs1313

DIS Veteran
We've always wanted to stay at WL, but have never pulled the trigger.

It is $1600 more than CSR for our dates. That's a lot, no?

If you've stayed at WL, is it worth the extra $$$?

How much time do you plan to spend at the resort other than sleeping? I've never been to CSR but having stayed at WL twice I don't think it's worth $1600 extra. It's a really nice resort and in a good location. We like taking the boat to the MK. Its Christmas decorations are not to be missed.

But if your resort is mainly for sleeping then stay at CSR.

How many nights?

We do plan to spend some time at the pool and I normally like to eat at the quick service restaurant, though I'm concerned about having to pay tip at CSR for QS. But, normally we're park warriors for sure.

I've stayed at both, and I would say it's not worth it for WL. The overall hotel is better at WL, by a mile. But, in my opinion, the main pool and quiet pools are better at CSR. The recently renovated rooms are better at CSR. Yes, WL is closer to MK, but CSR is closer to the other three parks. I'm not sure about paying a tip for QS. CSR's QS is a food court.

We do plan to spend some time at the pool and I normally like to eat at the quick service restaurant, though I'm concerned about having to pay tip at CSR for QS. But, normally we're park warriors for sure.

No tip at QS at CSR anymore. They revamped Pepper Market years ago. CSR will give you a wide range of eating locations which is nice.

I love both resorts but I wouldn't pay $200 a night more for WL.

I have stayed at both and YES stay at WL - Location is superb. Beautiful resort with great pool and lobby is fantastic to hang out in. Not to mention the boat ride to MK.. If you have little ones highly recommend. You won't regret it

For us it would be a very easy decision, no way. CSR pool is bigger and has a better slide. QS is also better at CSR and they have newly refurbed rooms. Also, just think what you can do with the extra $1600.

We love them both but I don't think WL is worth $200 more a night. I would save the money and use it for another trip. CSR is so beautiful and the pool is one of the best. Have a great trip.

Haven't stayed at CSR, but we love WL and for us, the extra $1600 would be worth it. We spend alot of time at the resort (more than at the parks), so the deluxe resorts are worth every penny to us :).

I have stayed at both and YES stay at WL - Location is superb. Beautiful resort with great pool and lobby is fantastic to hang out in. Not to mention the boat ride to MK.. If you have little ones highly recommend. You won't regret it

I agree :thumbsup2

I love WL but wouldn't shell out that much more money for it. The nice thing is you can always head over there from MK by boat and enjoy some drinks or grub at Geyser Point! We do that even when we're not staying there because we love the resort so much. :)

The CSR rooms are refurbished and feel nice. I'm not a huge QS fan but can't wait for the new restaurant to open!

When will you be traveling? They just released a new promo which may help bring the rates down on both locations.

I've enjoyed both resorts in the past and am very excited about CSR's changes that are coming soon. For that reason alone, if I was going to be there after the new restaurant over the water is open, then I would do CSR.

When will you be traveling? They just released a new promo which may help bring the rates down on both locations.

I've enjoyed both resorts in the past and am very excited about CSR's changes that are coming soon. For that reason alone, if I was going to be there after the new restaurant over the water is open, then I would do CSR.
can you tell me where to find promo? staying 2 nights in Orlando in July -not doing parks but if good price would stat at CSR

can you tell me where to find promo? staying 2 nights in Orlando in July -not doing parks but if good price would stat at CSR

When you go to the Disney site, scroll down to Offers and Other discounts and we chose Sun and Fun.

We’ve stayed at WL most of our trips but they are pricing us out of staying there. As much as we love the resort, the cost just to stay there for our family of 7 isn’t worth it. We typically take 8 night trips and have decided this year to try CBR. We love the location of WL and will miss the boat rides to MK for EMH, but love the $3000 savings on the rooms more by going to a moderate.

What are your dates? In August 2018 I booked through a magical deal with a certain travel agent, and got WL for $710 for 3 nights (taxes included). May be worth searching online for those magical deals...

For that much of a difference I would definitely stay at CSR. We have stayed at WL 3 times and at least 7 times at CSR. We absolutely love CSR. I love the lobby at WL, but the rooms really are not that much bigger than those at CSR. CSR room were also just refurbished. I like CSR's pool and hot tub much better than WL. I also thought the bus service at CSR is better. Also, the QS is much better at CSR, no 10% tip anymore either. The selection is much larger than that offered at WL.

If you can afford it, absolutely WL. I’ve stayed at both and did not like CSR at all. It had a very business traveler feel to me. WL is so peaceful, pool is gorgeous and the transportation is the best we get at any resort. If you’re staying 8 nights, have you looked into getting at least 1 AP? I don’t know when your travel dates are, but the AP room discount can be significant. I’m getting 40% off our YC stay in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter