wilderness lodge review

kmax9

Earning My Ears
We recently stayed at the wilderness lodge for 8 nights. :) we had a fabulous time! We took the magical express from the airport and that is when the magic started.

Just checking into the magical express was a great experience. The staff were so friendly. They were really nice. They gave the kids mickey stickers. A small token but it was magical already.

The magical express with the glittery pixie dust floor was fun.

Check in at the lodge was easy. They were a little busy and a staff member had us relax in the lobby about 10 minutes while some others were checked in. At check in the congratulated us on our anniversary and my daughters birthday. They gave us all buttons to wear and gave my son a first time visitor button. gave the kids little goodie bags with stickers, coloring books and crayons. Gave us our room keys and off we went. i thought about asking how much it would be for a bunk bed room but i didn't. We paid for a standard room.

We got to the room and we were upgraded! We not only had bunkbeds but we had courtyard view! It was really nice.

I had read some reviews about the lodge rooms being too dark but i didn't find this the case. Open up the curtains and turn on a few lights and its fine.

I loved the easy transportation to magic kingdom. We never had to wait for a boat more than 5 or 10 minutes! I loved being able to go back to the hotel in the afternoon without wasting too much time.

The pools were nice. we didn't have any trouble finding lounge chairs.

We will definitly be repeat customers to the wilderness lodge! The rooms were not huge but they were good for 4 people. we were not in the room that much. I loved having a balcony to eat breakfast muffins out on and look at the view. :)

Mousekeeping was great. I think we got towel animals 5 days. We ate there twice I think. about the same as park food except the desserts were much much better. i loved the carrot cupcake and smore cupcake...mmmm

Thanks for the review.....glad you had a great time :goodvibes. We love the WL.....it's a beautiful resort and it's great being so close to MK :wizard:.

Glad you loved it---I especially like that boat ride to the MK!

Did you watch the water parade from the beach?

So glad you had such a wonderful stay. It makes me even more excited for my first visit to WL in October!

The Wilderness Lodge is my all time fave!! We usually stay in the Villas. I cant wait to get there and hear the music. I actually made a cd of all the songs from the lodge and have been listening to it to get pumped up, lol. I also love how you take the boat over to MK, it really is special. Anywho im so glad you had such a great experience there and happy another person loves the lodge as much as I do!!

So glad that you loved WL. It is an awesome hotel.

We will be staying there this December. Wilderness Lodge was my dh's favorite place to stay and we are staying there this year in memory of him. I wish I could stay in one of the suites but it isn't in the budget this time, maybe next time. ;)

yeah we seen the water parade. we were actually on the boat the first time we caught park of it. It was awesome and I can't wait to go back. Magic kingdom is my favorite park and it was nice to take the boat. You get dropped off right in front of the park. some of the walks from the buses to other parks could be brutal.

Thank you for the review, so glad you enjoyed your stay and its great that you got some upgrades.

WL is a lovely resort, we have enjoyed visiting it and hope to stay there someday.

Hi

Just a quick question, do you find the main pool at WL is big enough. I know this sounds a silly question, but we had a meal at Whispering Canyon and had a wander around. We own DVC and are thinking about trying to book WL, but our only concern was that the pool didn't seem very big. It could have been that it was night time and we didn't get a good look so any imput would be great.

Hi

Just a quick question, do you find the main pool at WL is big enough. I know this sounds a silly question, but we had a meal at Whispering Canyon and had a wander around. We own DVC and are thinking about trying to book WL, but our only concern was that the pool didn't seem very big. It could have been that it was night time and we didn't get a good look so any imput would be great.

It may seem small to alot of people but the resort is quite small, I believe 750 rooms....we've done over 10 stays at the Lodge and never had any crowding problems but we're fall people and only go value seasons but we feel the pool is adequate for the resort size......evenings there's hardly anyone in it...

How was the transportation to EPCOT,DHS,AK,and DTD? We are still in a toss up over WL and POFQ.

wow what a great upgrade!!! we have a standard view booked for nov 4th thru the 11th and will certainly be thrilled just being there but an upgrade would be awesome. my dds would especially love the bunkbeds! glad you had a great trip!:thumbsup2

It's nice to hear someone else likes WL.

My only peeve with it was there was no Mickey Waffles in the food court when we stayed.

Have they added those?

Thanks for posting your review of WL and congrates on the upgrade. DH and I will be staying at WL in October for the 3rd time and I am as excited as when it was our first stay since we have not been back since the mid-'90's.

I can not wait to walk into the lobby again , I love the WOW factor!

65 Days and counting till our return to WL

Hi

We find the pool fine for cooling off and relaxing, but not big enough for real swimming (unless you go very early in the morning and are alone in the pool).

i felt the pool was a good size. i wasn't swimming laps or anything. they also have another pool and a kiddie pool. We only had a quick breakfast once at the lodge so not sure if they had waffles. we just grabbed a couple muffins and a pecan roll that day. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm pecan roll! :)

transportation to the other parks was pretty good. the buses come about every 20 minutes so if you just missed one it can seem like a while. i think we had good timing while we were there. we would go for a bus and one would come 5 minutes later. lol :) lucky for us.

there was one or two other pick ups for some of the parks. we stopped at fort wilderness i think and one one other a couple times.

i can't wait to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter