Wilderness Lodge Questions

dawz1026

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about going again in October and always loved the feel of the Wilderness.
1-Are the beds queen size?
2-Do they have King beds and if so is there a sleeper sofa/daybed in room
3-What view is best? Courtyard? Bay Lake? Is standard ever a good view?
4-What floor is best to be on and which to avoid.
5-How is the bus and boat service? Buses shared?
6-Can u walk to horseback riding from here or walk to any outdoor stuff?

Thanks!:yay:

I am thinking about going again in October and always loved the feel of the Wilderness.
1-Are the beds queen size?
4-What floor is best to be on and which to avoid.
5-How is the bus and boat service? Buses shared?
6-Can u walk to horseback riding from here or walk to any outdoor stuff?

Thanks!:yay:

1. yes
2. yes, but not guarenteed. Don't know about sleeper sofa.
3. Depends on what you want. I suppose the 'most expensive' is the 'best,' but that's highly subjective too.

5. I've actually not stayed there - only visited and dined there before. But I have used transportation there. Boat is fun to MK, but bus is faster. Otherwise it is buses to other parks. There is a boat to get to CR, Ft. W. Can't comment too much otherwise except to say that most of the busing I've encountered at resorts is similar. The bus to MK is not shared. IT may be shraed to toerh destinations.
6. My understand is yes. PLus you can always take a short boat to Ft. W to take advantage of the outdoor stuff there.

1-Are the beds queen size? Yes
2-Do they have King beds and if so is there a sleeper sofa/daybed in roomThere are king beds upon request, but no sleeper/sofas - At least not in the standard rooms.
3-What view is best? Courtyard? Bay Lake? Is standard ever a good view?We had standard view, and though the view down from the balcony was of the service area, directly outside our window we could see Wishes perfectly.
4-What floor is best to be on and which to avoid.I think upper floors are best for views. None to be avoided.
5-How is the bus and boat service? Buses shared?We didn't use the buses, as we had a car. Boat service to Magic Kingdom and Contemporary was fantastic.
6-Can u walk to horseback riding from here or walk to any outdoor stuffIt'd be a long walk to Fort Wilderness to go horseback riding. You can rent a bike from WL and ride a path to FW. That'd take about 15 minutes. Otherwise, you can rent bikes, boats from WL.?

We were at the WL in April 07, and loved it! The rooms were comfortable(queen beds), transportation was fantastic. I do not have one negative comment. Enjoy:goodvibes

1-Are the beds queen size? Yes, two queen sized beds in a standard room.

They do have king bed rooms and I believe (could be wrong though) that they are H/C accessible as well. Do not recall a sleeper sofa/daybed.

We never book anything but standard view and have yet to be disappointed. Like a pp, we had a day view of the service entrance once but at night it was such a treat to sit on our balcony watching Wishes drinking out of our mugs. We actually requested that view last time.

4-What floor is best to be on and which to avoid. I'd go with upper level rooms but just being at the WL could make up for a ground floor room

5-How is the bus and boat service? Buses shared? Can't comment on this since we always have our car. When going to MK or Epcot we take the little boat to MK and then hop the monorail if needed.

6-Can u walk to horseback riding from here or walk to any outdoor stuff? It is about a 2 mile walk to FWC so you might be better off taking a boat to FWC. It is a nice trail but can only really be taken during the day. There are mouseboats you can rent bikes as well from WL. There is a small playground area for little ones on a little patch of 'beach'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter