Wilderness Lodge Question

Krause

Earning My Ears
I noticed that the one bedroom suites at Wilderness Lodge can only sleep four while most other similar suites at other resorts sleep up to five? Is that actually true? What's the difference? We have a family of five but hate the idea if having to get a two bedroom suite.

I could be wrong but I believe it is because 1-bedroom suites (as well as 2-bedroom suites) at VWL do not have fold-down recliners or anything else that could serve as a third bed to accomodate a 5th guest. They just have the bed in the master and the fold out couch.

The newer DVC resorts officially sleep five - with a sleeper chair. The older ones only sleep four; however, in the past, if you want to bring an air mattress, they will allow five to be in the room. They just won't provide linens or towels for five. When our youngest was over three, but still small enough to sleep with us - we would get a 1 BR for the five of us. It worked out well until our kids got older. Now - we have to have 2 bathrooms - so when staying at VWL, BC or BW - we always get a 2BR. We can, however, still squeeze into an OKW 1 BR even with the kids mostly grown. Those rooms are nice a spacious.

I noticed that the one bedroom suites at Wilderness Lodge can only sleep four while most other similar suites at other resorts sleep up to five? Is that actually true? What's the difference? We have a family of five but hate the idea if having to get a two bedroom suite.

It's actually more resorts that sleep 4. The newer ones and OKW are the resorts that can sleep 5.

1BR's at OKW, AKV (except value), BLT and GCV are the only ones that sleep 5. All of them have 2 bathrooms except OKW and have 1 king bed, 1 queen sleeper sofa and 1 single sleeper chair.

1BR's at VWL, BCV, BWV, SSR and AKV-value sleep 4 with 1 king bed and 1 queen sleeper sofa. They only have 1 bathroom.

We have stayed there and it was tight for 4 people in the 1 bedroom. I say go for the 2 bed and get the extra room!!

che

That's right. As of right now, no sleeper chair at VWL. I was there last Nov. with two of my adult children. DS slept on the pull-out sofa and DD and I shared the king bed. :cloud9:

We are trying to figure out how many points we should buy- we are willing to buy more so we are not always strapped but we do have a budget. BLT is definitely more expensive however if we can comfortably sleep 5 in there versus having to get a two bedroom unit in VWL then it might be less expensive to go to BLT. Does that make sense?

Thanks everyone for the replies!!

Depending upon the ages of your guests (family, kids, whatever), five in a one bedroom can be very crowded. I know we had three adults and one pre-teen in a one bedroom at SSR once and it was uncomfortable. We had tried to get a two bedroom and none were available. Three small kids might work out okay though.

We are trying to figure out how many points we should buy- we are willing to buy more so we are not always strapped but we do have a budget. BLT is definitely more expensive however if we can comfortably sleep 5 in there versus having to get a two bedroom unit in VWL then it might be less expensive to go to BLT. Does that make sense?

Thanks everyone for the replies!!

Makes sense but comfortably sleeping 5 is going to be subjective. For some groups it's only a matter of having their own sleeping bed. For other's having a little more living space is going to factor in. I could live with sleeping 5 in the BLT, OKW or AKV 1BR's if there was no other option, and moreso if 3 were smaller children, but as a norm I'd want a 2BR no matter what the resort.

We have a family of five but hate the idea if having to get a two bedroom suite.

We love the idea of a two bedroom suite for the four of us. Keeps the "living room" freed up for late night television, computer time or just hanging out without disturbing anyone's sleep.

Keep in mind that even those DVC resorts with 1BR villas that officially sleep five don't have much storage for clothing, etc in that area.

Not pushing you towards more points or higher costs, just sharing our perspective.

I have often wondered why they can't just add a sleeper chair to the villas that do not have them. I think it is a nice option. I suppose it is because they are not large enough to accomodate the pullout sofa as well as the chair?:confused3

I have often wondered why they can't just add a sleeper chair to the villas that do not have them. I think it is a nice option. I suppose it is because they are not large enough to accomodate the pullout sofa as well as the chair?:confused3

No room. These are small resorts. The one chair they do have you have to move around to open up the sleeper sofa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter