• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge Photo Thread- Please feed my addiction!!

Does anyone have pictures from inside the villas rooms? I am considering either WL Deluxe
or WL 1 br Villa, but haven't seen any pictures from inside the rooms.

Thanks! & Happy planning! :banana:

These are from Room 4530:

PICT1073.jpg

Bedroom_At_VWL.jpg

VWL-Kitchen.jpg

Lobby

P1010742.jpg

I have been to all the sites available & seen tons of photos of Wilderness Lodge, inside & out, but I still can't get enough. :surfweb:
I am obsessed!! My son (age 12) & I will be finally staying at our dream resort this year from 11-30 to 12-7-08. We have always stayed at Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, or the All Star Music/Movies Resort. I have always DREAMED of staying at the Wilderness Lodge & when my dad passed away a few years ago (only 56 years of age), I figured that life is way too short & I have decided to "splurge" this year & go for it. This is not easy for a single mom on a budget, but I know this is probably the most beautiful resort during Christmas time, my favorite time of the year!:santa: I have looked at all the photos on the All Ears Net, the photos on the threads on the DIS boards, but I just can't get enough, so I thought I would start a thread for just Wilderness Lodge Photos- all of the resort. I want room photos, bathroom photos, refrigerator photos, shower photos, pool photos, Whispering Canyon photos, etc......
We don't have to discuss best room requests, check in, or anything like that, JUST BRING ON THE PHOTOS !!!!!! Thank you to anyone that posts photos to feed my obsession. :santa: :santa: :santa:

I am a Single Mom on a budget and I agree on the "splurge"!! We are leaving in 1 week for our 2nd trip to the Lodge and for the rest of my life will cherish the memories we make.!!!!

Awww! I am soo happy and sooo sad looking at all the great WL pictures!! :wizard::guilty:We stayed there exactly a year ago and I am missing it sooo badly! We were there 4/1-4/8/08 last year.... I have been driving my husband crazy all week by randomly saying EVERY day: "Guess where we were a year ago today!? Wilderness Lodge! And we went to such and such park and ate at such and such restaurant that night!" We plan to (Ok, I plan to) watch our family videos from our trip last year - it should send my Disboard addiction into overdrive, but thats OK! We had such an amazing time and sooo very much loved the Wilderness Lodge, its what makes us keep wanting to go back!

:surfweb:Thanks for "listening" to my rant - just had to share with all my fellow WL/WDW enthusiasts out there!!

Awww! I am soo happy and sooo sad looking at all the great WL pictures!! :wizard::guilty:We stayed there exactly a year ago and I am missing it sooo badly! We were there 4/1-4/8/08 last year.... I have been driving my husband crazy all week by randomly saying EVERY day: "Guess where we were a year ago today!? Wilderness Lodge! And we went to such and such park and ate at such and such restaurant that night!" We plan to (Ok, I plan to) watch our family videos from our trip last year - it should send my Disboard addiction into overdrive, but thats OK! We had such an amazing time and sooo very much loved the Wilderness Lodge, its what makes us keep wanting to go back!

:surfweb:Thanks for "listening" to my rant - just had to share with all my fellow WL/WDW enthusiasts out there!!

We are going for the 1st time in September. Anything particular that you would recommend that we do at WL. I really want to take it "all" in.
Thanks.

We are going for the 1st time in September. Anything particular that you would recommend that we do at WL. I really want to take it "all" in.
Thanks.

I think "taking it all in" is the most fun part! WL is so amazing - the arcitecture, the themeing, the ambiance, landscaping, cast members - you name it. Its a total package! I was sure that we spent as much time there as possible so that we could soak it all in and really enjoy the resort as much as the parks, restaurants and everything else that is Disney!

My boys loved the pool, playing and hanging out in the lobby, running on the beach, walking the grounds and just experiencing as many parts of the property as possible. The Electrial Light Show Pagent on the lake has always been a favorite in my family since I was little. We never miss it! We did not take part in the flag flying or guided tours, but wish we had!

Whispering Canyon is one of our most favorite experiences at WL. Its so much fun. DH and I were sure to sneak away and get a drink and just sit and relax in the loppy or a secluded nook and just reflect on our stay and our trip overall. The kids need a little "down time" just as us adults do, too! We had rockers right outside our door, so once the younger boys were alseep, we would leave DS9 in watching TV, chill-laxing, crack the door and sit on the rockers and just people watch from our floor (we had a room off the lobby) so we had a clear view of all that was going on!

Take lots of video and even more pictures. Study and appreciate all the little things and soak it all in. Because our vacations don't last forever, and the kids aren't little forever. Each visit they are a year+ older, we are all in different parts of our lives, and we cant get those moments back. They are memories that will last a life time!! :wizard:

I am a Single Mom on a budget and I agree on the "splurge"!! We are leaving in 1 week for our 2nd trip to the Lodge and for the rest of my life will cherish the memories we make.!!!!

Well, we were not disappointed & my son & I loved the WL !!! We are taking our yearly DisneyWorld Vacation again this year back to the WL !! As I mentioned in my prior posts, we have also loved staying at the POP, All Stars, & the Carribean Beach, but it is all about LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION !!! That is one of the top reasons I love the WL !!! Plus, my son & I spent a day on the water with the Sea Raycers & that was a truly magical moment for us !!!

So, pinch those pennies-- bring your lunch to work, cut corners, & try to budget the best you can & believe me, when you arrive at the Wilderness Lodge, it will have been worth it !!!!

We already have our December 09 trip booked for Dec 10-18, 2009 !!:santa::santa::santa:

So, pinch those pennies-- bring your lunch to work, cut corners, & try to budget the best you can & believe me, when you arrive at the Wilderness Lodge, it will have been worth it !!!!

ITA!!! :goodvibes:angel::wizard: Parts of our family look at us like we are rich or have 3 heads because we try to go to WDW every 2 or 3 years... Yes, it is expensive, But to us skipping the take out, minimalizing birthdays and Christmas spending, no fivilous items or splurges, and no dining out, helps us to save for the vacations we want to take... Be it Disney or elsewehere, our kids are only small once and I want them to have fun and be kids and experince things when they are young and innocent - AS A FAMILY. We cant get these years back, so I am all for making it as great as possible!!

Wow! Great pics. We are staying there in just about a month and cannot wait! Does anyone have any pics of how the connecting rooms work?

Awesome pictures! I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm staying at WL for the first time in September and I can't wait!

I am beyond excited it is getting closer and closer for me and its just beyond awesome to see these picturs~

Thanks for posting these. They are gorgeous, but they are helping me solidify my decision to stay elsewhere since we are coming from Colorado. (We already have plenty of mountain decor in our home state!)
:)
-Michele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter