Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon

regalis

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!

I am planning a honeymoon for January, as I am getting married, and I was wondering what everyone thought of wilderness lodge?

Is the woods view worth the extra cash? We were told the normal view is sold out right now, but I guess we could call back later and try to get it again. What does everyone think?

Cliff

in a word... YES!!!! :goodvibes

my dw and I stayed at the WL for our honeymoon and 1st anniversary.
we were spoiled wrotten by the staff!!! :teeth:

for our honeymoon, we were lucky enough to stay concierge level and for the 1st anniversary, we stayed woods view, otter pond.

for both, we were greeted with congratulations from the cast members.
we were provided with balloons/a chocolate heart/a card signed by mickey and minnie mouse/and we were given a magical moment certificate by the wilderness lodge!!! we also had turn down service with mints and mousekeeping turned the radio on each night :love: for us

be sure when making ressies for dining, that you tell the cast member that it is your honeymoon. we were also spoiled at restaurants :banana: free champagne, desserts, given the best seats in the house with pixie dust scattered on the table in shape of a heart :love:

both wdw and the lodge did a great job of spoiling us on our special days... if possible, keep your eye open for concierge level rooms... they are expensive, but the staff of the old faithful lodge are great and the food for breakfast and snacks throughout the day are great!!! popcorn::

i love the wl
check out the faq thread about it
very romantic and artist point is a wonderful place to eat

We love WL. We stayed there our last 2 Disney trips. Both restaurants are great, my kids love Whispering Canyon. The pool area is very nice with a small waterslide. In winter it is the perfect place to stay. The lobby is the most beautiful of all the resorts. I have stayed Woodsview & Courtyard and actually like courtyard better. We have never stayed Concierge but if it is your price range then I would choose that. Have a wonderful honeymoon!

We stayed at a honeymoon room at the WL, and it was nice because we could see the MK fireworks from our room. The concierge staff there were very outgoing & friendly, and they went above & beyond to make our WDW wedding trip wonderful.

Cheers!
Heather W

I am glad it is so great. I was steered towards the place my mousesavers and so I was a bit worried. I've heard a lot of good about the website, but I've never used any of the information untill now so I was kinda nervous. I'll have to make sure to rely on it in the future. You know I live in california but DW is just so great I can't help but spend the 6 hour flight to go there. DL is great to, but it just doesn't compare.

Cliff

We love the WL.

We stayed in one of the WL honeymoon rooms for our honeymoon.

By "normal" view do you mean Courtyard or Standard??

By the way, Congratulations!!

You know the must frustrating thing about getting married is?

Now ignoring all the planning......its when we told my family and there reaction is more or less, well its about time!!!!!!!!!! lol sure me and my gf have been together 4 years but still, some surprise pleae? ;) lol

I think it is a perfect choice for a honeymoon. It's pretty and romantic. If woods view is the only one you can get, then go ahead and book it. Then if you want to and can switch to standard go ahead. I'm not saying it will happen so don't get your hopes up but if you note on your ressie, you might get a complimentary upgrade to woods or pool view anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter