• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge - Guaranteed Bunkbeds?

travellady

If only the world could be like WDW every day!
We had planned on staying at the Grand Floridian Dec 19 - 23 but have decided we don't really need to spend that much money during the holidays. We stayed at the Contemporary and Polynesian during spring break, have decided to take a cruise this summer, and are on the 3 day Disney Wonder just prior to visiting WDW in December. The money we save on this trip will go toward food instead :-) I do have an AP but for now can reserve using my AAA card.

Based on our April visit, we know we won't be in the room a lot anyway but do spend some time there winding down. We liked not having to solely rely on a bus and my son and I like to ride the boat and monorail just for fun. One possiblity is to stay at the CR in one of the garden rooms, or stay at the Wilderness Lodge in a bunkbed room, or even a cabin at Ft. Wilderness (more of my husband's idea than mine) With Wilderness Lodge, are bunkbeds guaranteed? Do you have to reserve a certain room type to get the bunkbeds?

We have stayed at AKL and realize these rooms are much like those at Wilderness Lodge and are somewhat small, but as long as we have seperate beds to sleep in, we're OK. We will not stay at a moderate or value as regular sized beds just don't work for us (and we're small people but need space when we sleep - honestly am not sure how people do it and feel rested but that's another issue).

The buck beds are located in all room categorizes Standard, Woods, and Courtyard...but it will only be a request not guaranteed. (I have never requested them and not received them) The request should be on your room reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter