BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS & COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS: Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion Thread

Just watched a video posted online from a family who stayed June 16th 2015 Courtyard South wing facing main pool. Upon entering the room you could hear drilling/jack hammering. The family called maintenance thinking it was the refrigerator or AC unit. They were told by Maintenance about the construction. The sound was distinct in the video and loud. If you spend any daytime hours around that, I would not expect to relax much.
Uggg, not good :(

Just watched a video posted online from a family who stayed June 16th 2015 Courtyard South wing facing main pool. Upon entering the room you could hear drilling/jack hammering. The family called maintenance thinking it was the refrigerator or AC unit. They were told by Maintenance about the construction. The sound was distinct in the video and loud. If you spend any daytime hours around that, I would not expect to relax much.

Do you have the link ? One of my friends just got back from WL after two weeks there. Sad no construction or construction noise.. Just restraining the lodge. Just curious thanks ! Still plan to stay in Sept.

Not sure how to post a link or, if that is even allowed? It was on .youtube channel Melbeezeetv, dated 6/8/15 Goodbye Disney Dream, Hello Disney World. Wonderful views from California Grill, and footage of the Disney Dream cruise too.

My bet is if you are not in or near that south wing during this mystery construction, you would not be disrupted by the noise at all.

Here's the video that kmorlock was talking about, queued up to the point (about 4.5 minutes) where they walk into their room and hear the construction noise shortly after that. Watch for a couple minutes and you'll hear the answer they got from Disney - construction that happens every day from 8 am to 7 pm.

Here's the video that kmorlock was talking about, queued up to the point (about 4.5 minutes) where they walk into their room and hear the construction noise shortly after that. Watch for a couple minutes and you'll hear the answer they got from Disney - construction that happens every day from 8 am to 7 pm.

That is more noise then I would want on a relaxing days. If it stats at 8 that leaves very little time to sleep in.

Thanks for the video - I have to admit I laughed when she said the mini fridge was making lots of noise. I would not like that much noise either and they are on a high floor facing the pool which I thought was inner courtyard. In any case, I then laughed about the Burger King meal. Nothing against BK - I just wondered where they were at WDW and it turns out BK! I am enjoying the whole video - thanks again for getting it posted here for my entertainment. :thanks::sunny:

ETA - I am also in awe of the camera work in the pool. Man, I feel so old because never did that occur to me.

Thanks for the link, doesn't impart where we will be staying. Our room will be on the club level, honeymoon room. Only two days so not too bad.

I will be curious what types ( if any) of compensation Disney will give guests during this long period of construction. Will mailers sent to vacationers be enough to negate any compensation ?

I will be curious what types ( if any) of compensation Disney will give guests during this long period of construction. Will mailers sent to vacationers be enough to negate any compensation ?
If you haven't read about the situation with the pool rehab last year, It was a really interesting situation. Different people got different answers until it became clear that everyone calling knew what was going on. Then things seemed to standardize into options for those wanting to make a change or requesting compensation. No guarantees on something like this. Still hoping that it gets delayed past our October trip or has little impact. I'll be scoping other resorts for options in case we plan another trip in 2016 because the construction by then may go beyond my idea of tolerable.

Probably worth mentioning one more time....

South Wing, Main Hotel, ground Floor (facing VWL) is, indeed, under construction - NOW, as we speak, on June 28, 2015....

HOWEVER - the situation is VERY likely to be different, around mid Sept 2015. Folks? You probably need to filter this data, depending on WHEN your vacation is. If anyone hunts ducks.... this is a "lead the duck" moment :). If Disney's permit for the Cabins is approved - construction post September is probably going to be focused on the rear, wooded areas, working back towards the VWL pool area over the course of a couple of years.

Just an opinion - but I suspect the work on the main Lodge will be over & done with by that Sept 2015 time frame....

Last edited:
Probably worth mentioning one more time....

South Wing, Main Hotel, ground Floor (facing VWL) is, indeed, under construction - NOW, as we speak, on June 28, 2015....

HOWEVER - the situation is VERY likely to be different, around mid Sept 2015. Folks? You probably need to filter this data, depending on WHEN your vacation is. If anyone hunts ducks.... this is a "lead the duck" moment :). If Disney's permit for the Cabins is approved - construction post September is probably going to be focused on the rear, wooded areas, working back towards the VWL pool area over the course of a couple of years.

Just an opinion - but I suspect the work on the main Lodge will be over & done with by that Sept 2015 time frame....
Thanks for mentioning that again. I am filtering - I just don't care much for construction as I currently live with an assisted living facility being built across from my house, an apartment complex being built just adjacent to the assisted living facility, and then a highway with major construction within sight of my house. Needless to say, the LAST thing I want to see on vacation is a bunch of construction. :P

Thanks bluecruiser for posting the link. I was not sure how to do it.... I did a double take at the Burger King part too!

I completely,understand that the construction going on now is not what is to come in the Fall. No one knows when or where construction will start. It is all conjecture at this point. The affect will be different depending on when your trip occurs, and where your room is in relation to where construction is at that time.

My point to mentioning this video was to show what is affecting some guests right now.

Last edited:
Thanks for mentioning that again. I am filtering - I just don't care much for construction as I currently live with an assisted living facility being built across from my house, an apartment complex being built just adjacent to the assisted living facility, and then a highway with major construction within sight of my house. Needless to say, the LAST thing I want to see on vacation is a bunch of construction. :P

I am in EXACTLY the same boat. They have been building one new condo building after another on our street for the past six years and it's driving me bonkers.

So is the general sense that the main lodge won't really be impacted, but us DVCers are going to be pretty heavily impacted? Or am I misunderstanding the previous posts?

I am in EXACTLY the same boat. They have been building one new condo building after another on our street for the past six years and it's driving me bonkers.

So is the general sense that the main lodge won't really be impacted, but us DVCers are going to be pretty heavily impacted? Or am I misunderstanding the previous posts?

Yes, current DVC members WILL be impacted... but it's a question of "When" and "How Much". The BIGGEST impact is going to come when the Quiet Pool Area work starts.... that's going to be a real mess. But looking at those plans (particularly the new access roads) - I'm GUESSING this will come LATE in the work. That's just because it's going to be a lot easier to bring in heavy equipment from the REAR, toward the beach. Now again - that's a GUESS, no proof.

I agree with Dean Marino...I don't think the current VWL will be impacted until they start making changes to the quiet pool area, and I don't see that happening until later in construction. The DVC conversion is obviously main lodge only, and they need to be able to get to the construction sites of the new villas before they can build them. I also don't think that they're going to mess with too much with the trees...I think it's going to stay fairly heavily forested because they've built some pretty decent buffers in there. I also suspect that the construction on the north will come first, as that building site already has access via the existing parking lot. In my mind I see it happening as:

1. DVC conversion main lodge (already happening??? Has their been any news of permits for this?)
2. North cabins/south parking lot & access roads
3. New restaurant/quiet pool expansion
4. South cabins

In looking at the Poly timeline, permits started being pulled in January for the new construction (not the conversion), but construction didn't start until September. So I'm thinking we're still pretty far out from new construction, considering all we've seen so far is the watershed management plans. Though I don't know if anyone is trolling for WL permits like tikiman was with the Poly.

I agree with Dean Marino...I don't think the current VWL will be impacted until they start making changes to the quiet pool area, and I don't see that happening until later in construction. The DVC conversion is obviously main lodge only, and they need to be able to get to the construction sites of the new villas before they can build them. I also don't think that they're going to mess with too much with the trees...I think it's going to stay fairly heavily forested because they've built some pretty decent buffers in there. I also suspect that the construction on the north will come first, as that building site already has access via the existing parking lot. In my mind I see it happening as:

1. DVC conversion main lodge (already happening??? Has their been any news of permits for this?)
2. North cabins/south parking lot & access roads
3. New restaurant/quiet pool expansion
4. South cabins

In looking at the Poly timeline, permits started being pulled in January for the new construction (not the conversion), but construction didn't start until September. So I'm thinking we're still pretty far out from new construction, considering all we've seen so far is the watershed management plans. Though I don't know if anyone is trolling for WL permits like tikiman was with the Poly.

Thanks jtowntoflorida .... I'll mention one other thing we often forget.....

If WDW choose to use DYNAMITE to BLAST there way into the back end of the WL (and they won't).... they will do so between 8 AM and 5 PM. Those would be typical construction working hours....

Now - just us, but at 63, Sandy and I are UP at 8, eating breakfast at Whispering Canyon 9-10, and then? We do this outrageous thing..... we go to a park :). We're older, so we are back at the room about 4 PM - then dress & go to dinner until about 9 PM. We then sleep. Notice how no one is setting off dynamite at any time we particularly care about? :).

Really - there ARE folks that could be affected by all this: those with very little ones that need naps mid afternoon. And I'm going to be VERY surprised if the WL will not find a way to accommodate these needs.

Really - there ARE folks that could be affected by all this: those with very little ones that need naps mid afternoon. And I'm going to be VERY surprised if the WL will not find a way to accommodate these needs.

I just didn't want to have the "construction zone" view. Figuring we are safe from that as of the current news - which of course is subject to change with notice only published on the DIS!

Does anyone know if this means the playground will be gone? Movies on the beach? (During the construction)

Does anyone know if this means the playground will be gone? Movies on the beach? (During the construction)

I don't think that anyone knows that for sure at this point, however the playground was closed during the pool refurb last year, and the movies were moved to the DVC villas. Since this is a considerably bigger project, closer to that area...I would guess that both of those would close in that location.

I called Disney today and was put through directly to WL ,i was told yes" there was construction over the next 3 yrs .They said by Oct this yr the resort construction would be finished and the DVC villas would start.I was told to change hotels if i did not want construction!.., although they thought the construction would have minimal impact to me...

Thank you for posting this confirmation!

Wow. Not really sure what to say about all of the future construction. The jury is still out for me on the Poly Bungalows ...can't decide if I like all the Poly change or not. Makes me a little concerned for the WL....time will tell.

Great information for sure!!

:wave: Thank you kindly!

Thank you for posting about that video which confirms what we've been reporting here and on the WL thread. The comment that it might be their AC and that they'll send someone up to check was just ridiculous. I assume that she had spoken to the Call Center CM who told her that and then an onsite CM called her back. She handled it much better than I would have.

Thanks for posting the video for everyone:)

Thanks for the video - I have to admit I laughed when she said the mini fridge was making lots of noise. I would not like that much noise either and they are on a high floor facing the pool which I thought was inner courtyard. In any case, I then laughed about the Burger King meal. Nothing against BK - I just wondered where they were at WDW and it turns out BK! I am enjoying the whole video - thanks again for getting it posted here for my entertainment. :thanks::sunny:

ETA - I am also in awe of the camera work in the pool. Man, I feel so old because never did that occur to me.

I haven't watched the entire video, but when she went outside and started walking toward her car I wondered, where in the world are they going for lunch? I wonder how much time and gas it took to go to BK when they could have just eaten something at RF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter