wilderness lodge concerns

chuds

Earning My Ears
Hi

can anyome help, due at WL woods view room next month travelling from UK, 3 peoplegoing DW who has rheumatoid and has to use a ECV, DS age 16 about 5'8'', me. Have spoken to tour operator re accesible room but we are really worried as how can 1 room fit a ECV, and 3 people, safely and without overcrowding. Tour operator said Disney not very accomodating to tourists and more interested in conventions etc. We have paid not an inconsiderable sum for this vacation and dont want to crowded together as like most teenagers DS likes his own space any ideas/suggestions/help welcom

Know nothing of the resort rooms but your tour operator was dead wrong about Disney not being accommodating to tourists!

Know nothing of the resort rooms but your tour operator was dead wrong about Disney not being accommodating to tourists!

I have no idea what planet some TA are from.
I have not dealt with one since I asked for a Disneyland brochure about 5 years ago, she gave me DisneyWorld brochures, she said she didn't know they had 2 places, never heard of one in California.:confused3

It's scary how uninformed some TAs are. A whole back I heard about someone being advised to stay at Vero Beach for their trip to WDW as it was quieter but still quick and easy to get to parks!

My experience is that Disney are very accommodating when it comes to disabilities. I would suggest phoning the resort directly and speaking to someone there about your concerns.

Can't help with WL question but I've never know Disney to be anything other than accommodating! I would e-mail Disney with any questions that you have. I've e-mailed them several times with various questions etc and I've always found them to be more than helpful. You could always go over to the Disabilities board as I'm sure that there will be people over there who've had experience of staying at WDW with an ECV

i would also call WL directly and speak with them about your concerns.

As for your TA - doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

disney tends to be very accommodating to disabilities.

and as the PP suggested, you should post a question on the dis disabilities board.

I don't know about WL specifically but most accessible rooms at Disney are the same size as a regular room they just have modifications to make them more wheelchair friendly.

Whilst we don't need an accessible room we have been allocated one a couple of times. They have things like grab bars, higher toilets, lower sinks roll in showers etc

I have seen ECVs park outside in hallways (personally hate it as it makes the place look a mess) they have been charging and just parked presumably to give more room.

I have been to a TA before mentioned I want go to WDW was told to wait for the disneyland in Florida expert :/ and when mentioned I had found a price online staying at Saratoga springs he went online to price match places in Sarasota for me never heard of Saratoga spring or know even knew that Disney offered studios and villas! What an expert!

But I agree with every one else I thinkdisney are very accommodating to guests with disabilities more so then other places I have been on holiday too x

Hi Chuds,

A good source for room size, layout and lots of other valuable information with photo's and room plans of Wilderness Lodge can be found on the Disboards at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2319081

This thread is now closed as it has over 239 pages, if you scroll down the first page you will see a plan of a room layout.

I would suggest clicking on the 'Search this Thread' on the right hand side of the screen just under the page numbers and try searching using words such as "Disabled" or "Accessible" and anything else you want to search.

The information then continues on another thread at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2778033 but again this has closed has it has over 240 pages and a new one was started at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45704468#post45704468

This thread is still open so I would suggest asking your question on this thread as most of those viewing it will have experience of this resort and on many occasions.

Also when you do a search on that thread I think it searches all the previous closed threads as well.

Good luck, hope you get some answers and have a wonder vacation.

When I looked at buying into dvc last year I chose this resort for its beautiful rustic theme and although a lot moan (not on here)the theming of the rooms is dark I loved it. Hence my home resort and when surrounded by trees its a bit difficult to be like blackpool illuminations:happytv:
I saw an adapted studio which I think are similar size to the rooms but obv hv a sofa bed over two beds and i cant see you hvg an issue with ur little car in the room. U will love the resort it is breathtaking. Iv not stayed myself yet but hoping to in april.
Oh and dnt listen to the TA obviously know nothing abt orlando and disney. These boards are my bible. X

Hi we are DVC members with wilderness lodge as our home resort. We have been once to the hotel back in 2003 room was nice and sure EVC would fit. This visit convinced us to join DVC. We have stayed in WL villas 2 times with father in law on ECV and does not have any problems getting it in and out and Disney Arevery accommodating in resorts hotels and parks in laws always comment how helpful everyone is. The only issue we have is we can not get ECV on boat to Magic kingdom but they do have a bus so no Problem. We love wilderness lodge and will miss it next year as 9 of us are going so getting GV at OKW

we have a wheelchair, I know its not as big as an ECV but we have no problems. We usually park the chair by the door overnight or sometimes by the connecting door to the next room. usually theres a gap here and plenty of space. Im sure they take out a piece of furniture out- to make more space in the room.
you should have no problems, Disney is very Disabled friendly :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter